- Center of mass, the point at which an object's mass seems to be concentrated
- Centimetre a unit of length equal to one hundredth of a metre
- Centimorgan, a unit of recombinant frequency for measuring genetic linkage
- Cervical mucus, a substance which plugs the opening of the cervix, changes in whose composition may affect conception
- Chiari malformation, a narrowing of the skull which puts pressure on the cerebellum and interferes with normal cerebrospinal fluid flow
- Circular mil, a unit of area equal to the area of a circle with a diameter of one mil
- Coulomb-metre, SI unit of electrical dipole moment (symbol Cm)
- Contingency management, a type of treatment where patients are rewarded (or, less often, punished) for their behavior
- Contrast Medium, substances used to enhance contrast in X-Ray imaging (e.g., CT, MRI)
- Curium, a synthetic chemical element with the symbol "Cm" and atomic number 96
- Crystal Meth, methamphetamine
Read more about this topic: CM
Other articles related to "science":
... and academics to establish what would eventually become the World Academy of Art and Science in 1960 ... nor, though invited, did he attend the first Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs in 1957 ... knowledge in a world in which the freedom of science to exchange ideas was more and more hobbled by political concerns ...
... March 11, 1890 – June 28, 1974) was an American engineer, inventor and science administrator known for his work on analog computers, for his role as an initiator and administrator of the Manhattan ... scientists in the application of science to warfare ... War II, when he was in effect the first presidential science advisor ...
... See also Politicization of science Many issues damage the relationship of science to the media and the use of science and scientific arguments by politicians ... an organization or think tank makes it their only goal to cast doubt on supported science because it conflicts with political agendas ...
... The 48th World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon), was ConFiction, which was held in The Hague, Netherlands 23rd-27 August 1990 at the Netherlands Congress Centre ... was one of the two Worldcons held in continental Europe, the other being the 28th World Science Fiction Convention held in West Germany ...
... The National Science Board established the Vannevar Bush Award (/væˈniːvər/ van-NEE-vər) in 1980 to honor Dr ... The annual award recognizes an individual who, through public service activities in science and technology, has made an outstanding "contribution toward the welfare of ... to Presidents, and the force behind the establishment of the National Science Foundation ...
Famous quotes containing the word science:
“Art is the beautiful way of doing things. Science is the effective way of doing things. Business is the economic way of doing things.”
—Elbert Hubbard (18561915)
“Current illusion is that science has abolished all natural laws.”
—Marshall McLuhan (19111980)
“There is more religion in mens science than there is science in their religion.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)