Cinema may refer to:
- Film, motion pictures or movies
- Filmmaking, the process of making a film
- Movie theater, a building in which films are shown
- Cinema (2008 film) or Bommalattam, a Tamil film
- Cinema (TV channel), a defunct Scandinavian movie channel
- Cinema 4D, a 3D graphics application
- Cinema (band), a 1982 band formed by ex-Yes members Alan White and Chris Squire
- Cinema (The Cat Empire album)
- Cinema (Elaine Paige album)
- Cinema (Nazareth album), or the title song
- "Cinema" (Yes song)
- "Cinéma" (song), a song by Paola di Medico
- "Cinema" (Benny Benassi song)
- Cinema, an album by Cachorro Grande
- Cinema, an album by ICE MC, or the title song
- Cinéma, an orchestral composition by Erik Satie later arranged for piano duet by Darius Milhaud
Other articles related to "cinema, cinemas":
... Regal Cinemas is a UK-based cinema chain since the early days of the cinema ... In 1928, Regal Cinemas became part of Associated British Cinemas but has retained the name 'Regal Cinemas' ... In recent times the number of Regal Cinemas in the UK has decreased, as the number of small towns without cinemas has increased ...
... titled Quatermass, by ITV television in 1979, an edited version of which was also given a limited cinema release under the title The Quatermass ... Quatermass and the Pit marked the return to directing for the cinema for Roy Ward Baker and he went on to direct such films as The Anniversary (1968), Moon Zero ... John Baxter notes in Science Fiction in the Cinema that “Baker's unravelling of this crisp thriller is tough and interesting ...
... Armenian-Iranian, Ovanes Ohanian (Oganianse), who studied film in Cinema Akademi Of Moscow, returned to Iran ... managed to run the first session of the school under the name "Parvareshgahe Artistiye cinema" (The Cinema Artist Educational Centre) ... after the comic acts of the Danish cinema couple Pat and Paterson ...
... Pictures auctioned off the film rights to the Sniper franchise to New Line Cinema as well as many other film franchises ... On March 13, 2010, New Line Cinema announced that Joel Surnow had signed on to direct a remake of the original Sniper film ... On May 13, 2010, New Line Cinema announced that John Cena would be portraying Thomas Beckett in the remake ...
... ideas and theories, which were further elaborated upon in his book Cinema And I, into the mainstream of Indian art film ... None of the elements of the commercial cinema (singing and dancing, melodrama, stars, glitz) featured in his work ... His students have also tended to work in the art cinema or independent cinema tradition ...
Famous quotes containing the word cinema:
“The cinema is not an art which films life: the cinema is something between art and life. Unlike painting and literature, the cinema both gives to life and takes from it, and I try to render this concept in my films. Literature and painting both exist as art from the very start; the cinema doesnt.”
—Jean-Luc Godard (b. 1930)
“I rather think the cinema will die. Look at the energy being exerted to revive ityesterday it was color, today three dimensions. I dont give it forty years more. Witness the decline of conversation. Only the Irish have remained incomparable conversationalists, maybe because technical progress has passed them by.”
—Orson Welles (19151984)
“For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake.”
—Alfred Hitchcock (18991980)