- 1980 "Recent books on Tibet and the Buddhist Himalaya", Journal of the Anthropological Society of Oxford 11(2)
- 1982 "Status and death: mortuary rites and attitudes to the body in a Tibetan village", Kailash 9, 333-59
- 1983 "The founding of a Tibetan village: the popular transformation of history", Kailash10(3-4), 267-90
- 1985 "Buddhist people of the north Nepal borderland", in S. J. Locke (ed.): The Buddhist Heritage of Nepal, Kathmandu
- 1987a (with M. Vinding) "The 'Bem-chag village record and the early history of Mustang District", Kailash 13(1-2), 5-48
- 1987b "The Muktinath Yartung: a Tibetan harvest festival in its social and historical context", L'Ethnographie 83(100-101), 221-25
- 1990a "The headman as a force for cultural conservation: the case of the Tepas of Nepal", in N.K. Rustomji and C. Ramble (eds): Himalayan Environment and Culture
- 1990b "How Buddhist are Buddhist communities? The construction of tradition in two lamaist villages", Journal of the Anthropological Society of Oxford 21(2), 185-97
- 1992-93 "A ritual of political unity in an old Nepalese kingdom", Ancient Nepal nos. 130-133
- 1993a "Rule by play in southern Mustang", in C. Ramble and M. Brauen (eds): Anthropology of Tibet and the Himalaya, Zürich
- 1993b *"Reflections of a plant-hunter in Nepal: an interview with Dr. Tirtha Bahadur Shrestha", European Bulletin of Himalayan Research no. 5
- 1993c "Whither, indeed, the tsampa-eaters?" Himal September–October 1993
- 1994a "Civic authority and agrarian management in southern Mustang: remarks on a nineteenth-century land-tax register from Kagbeni", Ancient Nepal no. 135
- 1994b "Writings in Monochrome", Himal July–September 1994
- 1995 "Gaining ground: representations of territory in Bon and Tibetan popular tradition. The Tibet Journal Spring 1995
- 1995 (with C. Seeber) "Dead and living settlements in the Shod-yul of Mustang", Ancient Nepal no. 138
- 1996a "Patterns of places", in A.-M. Blondeau and E. Steinkellner (eds): Reflections of the Mountain: essays on the history and social meaning of the mountain cult in Tibet and the Himalaya, Wien, Verlag der österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften
- 1996b "Mustang, the ancient kingdom of Lo", Asian Art and Culture 9(3), Fall 1996 (special issue on the Himalayas)
- 1997a "The Creation of the Bon Mountain of Kongpo", in A.W. Macdonald (ed.): Mandala and Landscape, Delhi: D.K. Printworld
- 1997b "Tibetan pride of place; or, why Nepal's Bhotes are not an ethnic group", in D. Gellner and J. Pfaff (eds): Politics and Ethnicity in a Hindu Kingdom, London: Harwood
- 1997c "Se: notes on the distribution of an archaic ethnonym in Tibet and Nepal", in S. Karmay and Ph. Sagant (eds): Les Habitants du Toit du Monde, Paris: Société d'Ethnologie, Nanterre
- 1998a "The classification of territorial divinities in Pagan and Buddhist rituals of South Mustang", in A.-M. Blondeau (ed.): Tibetan Mountain Deities, their Cults and Representations, Wien: Verlag der österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften
- 1998b (with John Harrison) "Houses and households in Southern Mustang", Ancient Nepal no. 140, 23-37
- 1998c (with John Harrison) "Watermills in Mustang: notes on architecture, function and management", Ancient Nepal no. 140, 39-52
- 1998d "The Mustang villages of Kag, Te and Khyinga: an introduction to history, ethnicity and the idea of place", Beiträge zur Allgemeinen und Vergleichenden Archäologie, Band 18, Mainz: Verlag Philipp von Zabern, 147-82
- 1999 "A literary biography of Michael Aris", European Bulletin of Himalayan Research 17, 103-16
- 2000 The secular surroundings of a Bonpo ceremony: games, popular rituals and economic structures in the mDos-rgyab of Klu-brag monastery (Nepal). In S. Karmay and Y. Nagano (eds) New Horizons in Bon Studies. Proceedings of a conference held in Osaka, August 1999. Osaka: National Museum of Ethnology.
- 2001a Art without artists: Robert Powell’s Mustang collection. In M. Oppitz (ed.), Robert Powell: Himalayan Drawings. Zurich: Völkerkundemuseum der Universität Zürich.
- 2001b (With P. Boyer) Cognitive templates for religious concepts: cross-cultural evidence for recall of counter-intuitive representations. Cognitive Science 25 (4).
- 2002a The Victory Song of Porong. In K. Buffetrille and H. Diemberger (eds), Territory and Identity in Tibet and the Himalayas. Leiden: Brill.
- 2002b Temporal disjunction and collectivity in Mustang, Nepal. Current Anthropology 43, supplement, August–October.
- 2003a (With M. Kind) Bonpo monasteries and temples of the Himalayan region. In S.G. Karmay and Y. Nagano, eds, A Survey of Bonpo Monasteries in the Himalaya. Osaka: National Museum of Ethnology.
- 2003b (With N. Gutschow) Up and down, inside and out: notions of space and territory in Tibetan villages of Mustang, Nepal. N. Gutschow, A. Michaels and C. Ramble (eds) Sacred Landscape in the Himalaya. Wien: Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften.
- 2007 The Navel of the Demoness: Tibetan Buddhism and Civil Religion in Highland Nepal. New York: Oxford University Press.
Read more about this topic: Charles Ramble
Other articles related to "publications, publication":
... The Bryan/College Station Eagle (Main newspaper) The Battalion (Texas A M) The Press Insite Magazine (Local magazine - monthly publication). ...
... But even print media is turning to online only publication ... attempts to establish local, regional or national online-only newspapers - publications that do original reporting, rather than just commentary or summaries of reporting from other ... TechCrunch, and ZDNet started as web publications and enjoy comparable readership to the conventional newspapers ...
... category (the highest category) for collegiate news publications at the New Jersey Press Association awards ... The Seal is TCNJ's yearbook, which has been in publication since 1911 ... TCNJ Magazine is another publication, covering both current campus life and alumni affairs ...
... Other publications followed, such as Friends (later Frendz), based in the Ladbroke Grove area of London, Ink, which was more overtly political, and Gandalf's Garden which espoused the ... in which he described most of the world's underground publications ... listed many of the regular key topics from those publications including Vietnam, Black Power, Politics, Police Brutality, Hippies Lifestyle Revolution, Drugs, Popular Music, New Society ...
... the Prophetic Scriptures, Kregel Publications (1998), ISBN 0-8254-3971-X Every Prophecy of the Bible, Cook Communications (1999), ISBN 1-56476-758-2 The Church in Prophecy Exploring God's Purpose for ... Price) Kregel Publications (1999), ISBN 0-8254-3552-8 Major Bible Prophecies, Zondervan Corp ... AMG Publishers (2001), ISBN 0-89957-361-4 Prophecy in the New Millennium, Kregel Publications (2001), ISBN 80-254-3967-1 ...
Famous quotes containing the word publications:
“Dr. Calder [a Unitarian minister] said of Dr. [Samuel] Johnson on the publications of Boswell and Mrs. Piozzi, that he was like Actaeon, torn to pieces by his own pack.”
—Horace Walpole (17171797)