Carmichael is a Scottish clan, from the village of Carmichael, Scotland, in South Lanarkshire, Scottish Lowlands, United Kingdom. It is also the name of a family from the west coast of Scotland, from the Gaelic MacGillemichael, meaning son of the servant of Michael, these Carmichaels are part of the Stewarts of Appin.
Several people have had the surname Carmichael:
- Abbie Carmichael, a fictional ADA from the Law & Order franchise
- Alexander Carmichael, collector and author of Carmina Gadelica
- Alistair Carmichael, Scottish Liberal Democratic politician
- Amy Carmichael, missionary to Tamil Nadu, India
- Chris Carmichael (cyclist), cycling trainer for Lance Armstrong and others
- Chris Carmichael (musician)
- Colin Carmichael, Green Party of Ontario candidate for the electoral district of Cambridge in the 2007 Provincial General Election
- Franklin Carmichael, Canadian artist
- Gershom Carmichael, Scottish philosopher
- Greg Carmichael, English guitarist
- Harold Carmichael, played for the American football team, the Philadelphia Eagles
- Hoagy Carmichael, American musician
- Ian Carmichael, British actor
- James Carmichael (disambiguation), several notable people
- Jesse Carmichael, keyboardist and backing singer of Maroon 5, a rock band from Los Angeles
- John Carmichael, British soldier and recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Laura Carmichael, British actor
- Leonard Carmichael, American educator, associated with Tufts University
- Neil Carmichael (Conservative politician), Conservative MP for Stroud.
- Neil Carmichael, Baron Carmichael of Kelvingrove, Glasgow Labour MP (1962-1983)
- Nelson Carmichael, American Olympic freestyle skier
- Ricky Carmichael, professional motocross racer
- Robert Daniel Carmichael, American mathematician
- Robert P. Carmichael - One of the inventors of the Precooled jet engine
- Sandy Carmichael, Scottish rugby player who also played for the British Lions
- Stokely Carmichael, Trinidadian/American Black activist
- Susie Carmichael, fictional character from the nickelodeon TV series Rugrats and All Grown Up!
Carmichael may also refer to:
- Carmichael, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Carmichael No. 109, Saskatchewan, rural municipality in Saskatchewan
- Carmichael, California, United States
- Carmichael number, a special kind of number in number theory named for mathematician Robert Carmichael
- Carmichael (crater), a lunar crater
- Carmichael, South Lanarkshire, a village in Scotland
Other articles related to "carmichael":
... Simone Carmichael (née Ferrara) (born 7 June 1977) is an association football player who represented New Zealand at international level ... Carmichael made her Football Ferns debut in a 1-2 loss to Canada on 31 May 2000, and represented New Zealand at the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup finals in China, where they lost to Brazil 0-5 ...
... In many episodes Chuck has adopted a fantasy alias, "Charles Carmichael", who is endowed with all of the characteristics he believes a super-spy should have, except he doesn't really have the physical ... Carmichael has been referred to as where Chuck thought he would be by this time in his life had he not been expelled from Stanford a millionaire semiretired software magnate ... His adventures as "Carmichael" are also beginning to make him a legend in the CIA community ...
... Various characters in the lives of the Vanderhof/Sycamore/Carmichael clan are introduced in the first act ... Essie is married to Ed Carmichael, a xylophone player who lives with them and helps distribute Essie's candies ... In addition, the Vanderhof/Sycamore/Carmichael clan employs a maid Rheba, who is dating Donald, who performs odd jobs for the Sycamores ...
1696 Baronetcy unproven (14th Baronet died 2001) - under review Carmichael of Bonnington c.1676 Carmichael extinct or dormant 1738 Carmichael of Westraw ...
... was introduced in 1934 by Dr Vera Summers in her first year as Principal with three houses Carmichael, Stewart and Ferguson, in the colours of the new uniform navy, green and white ... Carmichael Colour blue ... Treasurer and Past Chair of Council Donald John Carmichael ...
Famous quotes containing the word carmichael:
“Each coming together of man and wife, even if they have been mated for many years, should be a fresh adventure; each winning should necessitate a fresh wooing.”
—Marie Carmichael Stopes (18801958)
“An impersonal and scientific knowledge of the structure of our bodies is the surest safeguard against prurient curiosity and lascivious gloating.”
—Marie Carmichael Stopes (18801958)