- Florence, Namulundah. Bell Hooks's Engaged Pedagogy. Westport, CT: Bergin & Garvey, 1998. ISBN 0-89789-564-9 . OCLC 38239473.
- Leitch et al., eds. "Bell Hooks." The Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism. New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2001. pages 2475–2484. ISBN 0-393-97429-4 . OCLC 45023141.
- South End Press Collective, eds. "Critical Consciousness for Political Resistance"Talking About a Revolution.Cambridge: South End Press, 1998. 39–52. ISBN 0-89608-587-2 . OCLC 38566253.
- Stanley, Sandra Kumamoto, ed. Other Sisterhoods: Literary Theory and U.S. Women of Color. Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 1998. ISBN 0-252-02361-7 . OCLC 36446785.
- Wallace, Michelle. Black Popular Culture. New York: The New Press, 1998. ISBN 1-56584-459-9 . OCLC 40548914.
- Whitson, Kathy J. (2004). Encyclopedia of Feminist Literature. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. ISBN 0-313-32731-9. OCLC 54529420.
Read more about this topic: Bell Hooks
Other articles related to "reading":
... played professionally as a forward for Reading and Cardiff City during a career that lasted four years in the mid-1970s ... sides in the Isthmian League, he joined Charlie Hurley's Fourth Division Reading team in 1974 ... He quickly became a key player, and helped Reading to win promotion to the Third Division during the 1975–76 season ...
... Against the opposition of Sir Robert Inglis, the first reading was passed by 115 to 97 votes ... But the second reading, on May 17, notwithstanding a sizable petition in its favour from 14,000 citizens of London, was rejected by 265 to 228 votes ... The next year, 1833, however, it passed its third reading in the Commons on July 22 by a majority of 189 to 52, and was read for the first time in the Lords ...
... died in the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Saratoga lived his entire civilian life in Reading Mark Erelli, folk musician William M ... War Thomas Parker (deacon), founder of Reading Eddie Peabody, banjo player Chris Pizzotti, football quarterback at Reading Memorial High School and Harvard University, currently an ... of explorer James Michael Prescott lived in Reading in the early 1970s ...
... Ian Stewart, Just One Vote From Jim Walding's Nomination to Constitutional Defeat (Winnipeg University of Manitoba Press, 2009). ...
... armies had advanced on London, capturing Banbury, Oxford and Reading without conflict ... at the Battle of Turnham Green, with Charles's advisers persuading him to retreat to Oxford and Reading ... After Essex besieged Reading and Charles's armies failed in their attempts to relieve the town, a stalemate occurred on the front Essex's army could not directly engage with the Royalists at Oxford due to disease in ...
Famous quotes containing the word reading:
“Common sense should tell us that reading is the ultimate weapondestroying ignorance, poverty and despair before they can destroy us. A nation that doesnt read much doesnt know much. And a nation that doesnt know much is more likely to make poor choices in the home, the marketplace, the jury box and the voting booth...The challenge, therefore, is to convince future generations of children that carrying a book is more rewarding than carrying guns.”
—Jim Trelease (20th century)
“Any reading not of a vicious species must be a good substitute for the amusements too apt to fill up the leisure of the labouring classes.”
—James Madison (17511836)