The proposed Aurora roadmap (as of September 30, 2005. This roadmap can, and most likely will, go through revisions):
- 2007 – Earth re-entry vehicle/capsule
- 2014 – Human mission technologies demonstrator(s) to validate technologies for orbital assembly and docking, life support and human habitation
- 2016 – Mars Sample Return mission with NASA
- 2018 – A technology demonstrator for aerobraking/aerocapture, solar electric propulsion and soft landing (formerly envisaged as a smaller Arrow-class mission to be launched in 2010)
- 2018 – ExoMars, a Mars rover. The scientific objectives include exobiological studies as well as study of the surface of Mars.
- 2024 – Human mission to the Moon
- 2026 – Automatic mission to Mars
- 2030/2033 – First human mission to Mars, as a split mission. The proposed Ariane M rocket may be used for this landing.
Only ExoMars has been formally approved during the December 2005 Ministerial conference, which will postpone to a later date or cancel altogether the Earth re-entry vehicle/capsule, which was proposed for 2007.
The human part of the programme has been challenged by the main ESA contributors (France, Germany and Italy), making it quite possible that the whole Aurora Programme will be refocused on robotic-only exploration of Mars.
- 2013 – ExoMars, a Mars rover. The scientific objectives include exobiological studies as well as study of the surface of Mars.
- 2016? – Mars Sample Return mission with NASA
- 2018? – A technology demonstrator for aerobraking/aerocapture, solar electric propulsion and soft landing (formerly envisaged as a smaller Arrow-class mission to be launched in 2010)
- 2026? – Automatic mission to Mars
Read more about this topic: Aurora Programme
Other articles related to "timeline, timelines":
... See also Timeline of Macintosh models and Timeline of Apple Inc ... products See also Power Macintosh G3 and TemplateTimeline of Old World ROM Power Macintosh models ...
... The 2nd millennium BCE in North American history provides a timeline of events occurring within the North American continent from 2000 BCE through 1001 BCE in the Gregorian calendar ... Although this timeline segment may include some European or other world events that profoundly influenced later American life, it focuses on developments within Native American communities ... and in interpreting other elements of the archaeological record, most dates in this timeline represent approximations that may vary a century or more from source to source ...
... On the same day, the AMISOM mission was formally defined and approved by the African Union at the 69th meeting of the Peace and Security Council. ...
... Text timelines are timelines that which are labeled as text Number timelines are timelines where the labels are numbers, commonly are line graphs There are many methods of visualizations for timelines ... Historically, timelines were static images, and generally drawn or printed on paper ... Timelines relied heavily on graphic design, and the ability of the artist to visualize the data ...
... Spirit rover timeline Spirit rover timeline for 2005 March Spirit rover timeline for 2005 April Spirit rover timeline for 2005 May Opportunity rover timeline Opportunity rover ...