Other Armistices in History
- Armistice of Copenhagen of 1537 ended the Danish war known as the Count's Feud.
- Armistice of Stuhmsdorf of 1635 between the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Sweden.
- Peace of Westphalia of 1648 that ended the Thirty Years' War.
- World War I
- Armistice between Russia and the Central Powers, at Brest-Litovsk, March 1918 (see Treaty of Brest-Litovsk)
- Armistice with Bulgaria, also known as the Armistice of Solun, September 1918
- Armistice of Mudros Between the Ottoman Empire and the Allies, October 1918
- Austrian-Italian Armistice of Villa Giusti ended the war on the Italian front in early November 1918
- Armistice with Germany (Compiègne), ended the First World War on 11 November 1918
- Armistice of Mudanya between Turkey, Italy, France and Britain and later Greece, 1922.
- World War II
- Armistice of Trung Gia signed by France and the Viet Minh on 20 July 1954 ending the First Indochina War.
- 1962 armistice in Algeria attempted to end the Algerian War.
Read more about this topic: Armistice
Famous quotes containing the word history:
“All history becomes subjective; in other words there is properly no history, only biography.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)