- 8 January: Mac Price, diplomat.
- 22 January: Dylan Taite, music journalist.
- 14 April: John Kent, cartoonist.
- 30 April: Peter 'Possum' Bourne, rally driver.
- 12 May: Stan Lay, MBE, Olympic javelin thrower
- 24 May: Dr. Neil Cherry, environmental scientist.
- 21 July: John Davies, athlete.
- 2 September: Dame Reubina (Ann) Ballin.
- 5 September: Sir Richard Harrison, politician.
- 7 September: Merv Wellington, politician.
- 15 September: Anthony Treadwell, architect.
- 31 October: Lindsay Weir, cricketer.
- 24 November: Millie Khan, bowler.
- Jonathan Dennis, film historian.
- Mike Hinge, artist and illustrator.
- Philip Holloway, politician.
- Allan McCready, politician.
- Sid Scales, cartoonist.
Read more about this topic: 2003 In New Zealand
Other articles related to "deaths, death":
... Births and deaths before WW I Year Average population (x 1000) Live births Deaths Natural change Crude birth rate (per 1000) Crude death rate (per ...
... The main three are deaths per billion passenger-journeys, deaths per billion passenger-hours and deaths per billion passenger-kilometers ...
... under Stalin for either political or criminal offenses, around 1.7 million deaths in the Gulags and some 390,000 deaths during kulak forced resettlement – with ... between 1943 and 1944 had reached 25%." Other notable exclusions from NKVD data on repression deaths include the Katyn massacre, other killings in ... Also, the official statistics on Gulag mortality exclude deaths of prisoners taking place shortly after their release but which resulted from the harsh treatment in the camps ...
... total 10.18 deaths/1,000 live births country comparison to the world 153 male 13.3 deaths/1,000 live births female 6.88 deaths/1,000 live births (2009) ...
... also ranks 21st among the states in the rate of premature deaths, 7,100 per 100,000 ... ever rate of infant mortality, at 6.7 deaths per 1,000 ... and social health disparities, in 2010 African Americans experienced 28% more premature deaths than whites, while 13% of Virginians lack any health insurance ...
Famous quotes containing the word deaths:
“You lived too long, we have supped full with heroes,
they waste their deaths on us.”
—C.D. Andrews (19131992)
“This is the 184th Demonstration.
What we do is not beautiful
hurts no one makes no one desperate
we do not break the panes of safety glass
stretching between people on the street
and the deaths they hire.”
—Marge Piercy (b. 1936)
“I sang of death but had I known
The many deaths one must have died
Before he came to meet his own!”
—Robert Frost (18741963)