Shitstorm is a vulgar dysphemism for a chaotic and unpleasant situation. The term may specifically refer to:
- Shitstorm, a band on the Robotic Empire record label
- "Shitstorm," a song by Murder Squad from their 2003 album Ravenous, Murderous
- "Shitstorm," a song by the band Casey Jones from their 2006 album The Messenger
- "Shitstorm," a song by Strapping Young Lad from their 2005 album Alien
- "Shitstorm," a reference to getting into deep trouble by Mr. Lahey in Trailer Park Boys
The term has become popular in the German-speaking world since 2010 to describe a chorus of outrage on the Internet, especially by posting and writing in social media. It was voted Anglicism of the year 2011 by a scientific jury in Germany. It was voted Word of the Year in Switzerland 2012. The opposite of shitstorm is candystorm.