John Doherty may refer to:
- John Doherty (ABC) (?–2004), senior executive in the Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- John Doherty (first baseman) (born 1951), first baseman for the Angels, 1974–1975
- John Doherty (pitcher) (born 1967), pitcher for the Tigers and Red Sox, 1992–1996
- John Doherty (footballer) (1935–2007), English footballer who played for Manchester United F.C.
- John Doherty (politician), Solicitor-General for Ireland, 1827–1830
- John Doherty (musician) (1895–1980), Irish fiddler
- John Doherty (New York state senator) (1826–1859), New York politician
- John Doherty (trade unionist) (1798–1854), UK trade unionist in the 1830s
- John Joe Doherty, retired Irish sportsperson
- John Joseph Doherty (1919–1942), United States Navy officer awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross
Famous quotes containing the word john:
“I have a Vision of the Future, chum.
The workers flats in fields of soya beans
Tower up like silver pencils, score on score.”
—Sir John Betjeman (19061984)