Awards and Recognitions
- Preferred International Airline award for travel and hospitality from Awaz Consumer Awards 2006
- Best International West Bound Airline out of India for three successive years by Galileo Express TravelWorld Award
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative. by Galileo Express TravelWorld Award
- Best Short-Haul International Airline by Galileo Express TravelWorld Award 2008
- The Mercury Award for the years 1994 and 2003, from the International Flight Catering Association, for finest in-flight catering services.
- Amity Corporate Excellence Award instituted by the Amity International Business School, Noida, Uttar Pradesh to honour Corporates with distinct vision, innovation, competitiveness and sustenance.
- Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Award
- Dun and Bradstreet Award(D&B)- first in terms of revenue out of the top airline companies out of India
- Best South Asian Airline award by readers of TTG Asia, TTG China, TTG Mice and TTG-BT Mice China, all renowned Mice and business travel publications.
- Cargo Airline of the Year at the 26th Cargo Airline of the Year Awards
- The airline entered the Guinness Book of World Records for the most people evacuated by a civil airliner. Over 111,000 people were evacuated from Amman to Mumbai – a distance of 4,117 km, by operating 488 flights in association with Indian, from 13 August to 11 October 1990 – lasting 59 days. The operation was carried out during Persian Gulf War in 1990 to evacuate Indian expatriates from Kuwait and Iraq.
- The Montreal Protocol Public Awareness Award was awarded to Air India by the United Nations for environmental protection, especially in the ozone layer.
- World's first all-jet airline- June 1962
- World's largest operator of Airbus A310-300
- Air India's security department became the first aviation security organisation in the world to acquire ISO 9002 certification (31 January 2001).
- Air India's Department of Engineering has obtained the ISO 9002 for its Engineering facilities for meeting international standards.
- Fifth airline in the world to receive the Boeing 787
Read more about this topic: Air India Fleet