- Busiest Day: Friday, June 30, 2006, with 2241 incoming calls
- Busiest Average Month: June
- Slowest Day: Monday, December 25, 2006, with 831 incoming calls
- Slowest Average Month: December
- Top Five Events For Service
- Domestic Disturbance −16,639
- Traffic Stop – 15,180
- Disturbance – 8,933
- Traffic Complaint – 8,596
- Suspicious Person – 6,600
- In 2006, 80 marijuana grow operations were dismantled by the WPS' "Green Team" with more than $253,000 in equipment, and over $14,000,000 in plants seized.
- The WPS Bomb Unit was deployed 42 times.
- The Crisis Negotiators Unit was activated 19 times.
- The Crown Management Unit attended three incidents.
- The Emergency Response Unit (ERU) was called out 15 times.
- The Underwater Search & Recovery Unit was deployed 19 times.
Read more about this topic: Winnipeg Police Service
Other articles related to "statistics":
... Cantonment Clinch began providing meteorological observations in the 1830s ... Observations from the Pensacola area continued intermittently over the next several decades ...
... Then he became interested in statistics and probability models. 1949–50, he spent a fellowship year at Columbia University to study statistics more intensively ... he taught courses in statistics and econometrics ...
... result derived by Bose laid the foundation of quantum statistics, as acknowledged by Einstein and Dirac ... to the concepts of the boson, Bose–Einstein statistics and Bose–Einstein condensate—the latest being the 2001 Nobel Prize in Physics given for advancing the theory of Bose–Einstein ... Bose’s work on particle statistics (c ...
... are automatically computed the game keeps track of statistics and controls dice rolling ... During character creation, statistics including name, gender, race, class, ability scores and weapon proficiencies may be altered ... Magic users and thieves have more statistics, in the form of spells and thief abilities, respectively ...
... Traditionally, statistics was concerned with drawing inferences using a semi-standardized methodology that was "required learning" in most sciences ... This has changed with use of statistics in non-inferential contexts ... distribution function may be transformed with familiar tools used in statistics to reveal underlying patterns, which may then lead to hypotheses ...
Famous quotes containing the word statistics:
“July 4. Statistics show that we lose more fools on this day than in all the other days of the year put together. This proves, by the number left in stock, that one Fourth of July per year is now inadequate, the country has grown so.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“and Olaf, too
unless statistics lie he was
more brave than me: more blond than you.”
—E.E. (Edward Estlin)
“He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-postsfor support rather than illumination.”
—Andrew Lang (18441912)