William Cunningham may refer to:
- William Cunningham (Illinois politician)
- William J. Cunningham (Texas politician), Texas State Senator, see Texas Senate, District 28
- William Cunningham (writer), member of the League of American Writers and author of The Green Corn Rebellion.
- William Cunningham (basketball) (born 1974), American professional basketball player
- Father William T. Cunningham (1930–1997), American Roman Catholic priest
Other articles related to "cunningham, william cunningham, cunninghams, williams, william":
... In 1421 Henry Cunningham the third son of William Cunningham led the Cunninghams at the Battle of Beauge ... Sir Williams grandson Alexander Cunningham was made Lord Kilmaurs in 1462 and later the first Earl of Glencairn. 1488 the Clan Montgomery burned down the Clan Cunningham's Kerelaw Castle ...
... In 1643 Chief William Cunningham led the clan at the Battle of Kilsyth to rescue the King from Oliver Cromwell but he was defeated ... During the Civil War, the Clan Cunningham supported King Charles II ... Chief William Cunningham, 9th Earl of Glencairn, commanded the Royalist rising from 1653 to 1654 and raised a force of over 5000 in 1653 to oppose General Monck, who was the governor of Scotland ...
... William Cunningham, 8th Earl of Glencairn (1575–1630) was a Scottish politician ... The son of James Cunningham, 7th Earl of Glencairn by his spouse Margaret (d ... of Glenurquhy by his spouse Catherine née Ruthven, William succeeded his father in 1630 but enjoyed the honours for a short time, dying himself in October that year ...
Famous quotes containing the words cunningham and/or william:
“Like an old brandy after a long rain,
Distinguished, and familiar, and aloof.”
—James Vincent Cunningham (19111985)
“Youve no idea what a poor opinion I have of myselfand how little I deserve it.”
—Sir William Schwenck Gilbert (18361911)