Some articles on young:
... Young, Gay and Proud is a book written for adolescents who are exploring a gay identity ... It was edited by Sasha Alyson and Lynne Yamaguchi Fletcher ...
... Roseanne, as well as a brief stint on the soap opera Santa Barbara, playing the young Mason Capwell ... His involvement in Parenthood and the daily soap earned him a nomination for the Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor each ...
... Female treeshrews give birth to up to three young after a gestation period of 45 to 50 days, in nests lined with dry leaves inside tree hollows ... The young are born blind and hairless, but are able to leave the nest after about a month ... During this period, the mother provides relatively little maternal care, visiting her young only for a few minutes every other day to suckle them ...
... The Young Patriots Organization was an American left-wing organization of the 1960s and 1970s ... the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago, the organization was designed to support young, white migrants from the Appalachia region ... with Fred Hampton of the Black Panther Party and José "Cha-Cha" Jiménez of the Young Lords Organization the three organizations formed the Rainbow Coalition (unrelated to Jesse Jackson's ...
... The Young America Movement was an American political and cultural attitude in the mid-nineteenth century ... Inspired by European reform movements of the 1830s (see Young Italy, Young Hegelians), the American group was formed as a political organization in 1845 by Edwin de Leon and George H ... O'Sullivan captured the general purpose of the Young America Movement in an 1837 editorial for the Democratic Review Historian Edward L ...
More definitions of "young":
- (adj): (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity.
Example: "Young corn"
- (noun): United States film and television actress (1913-2000).
Synonyms: Loretta Young
- (noun): United States civil rights leader (1921-1971).
Synonyms: Whitney Young, Whitney Moore Young Jr.
- (noun): English poet (1683-1765).
Synonyms: Edward Young
- (noun): United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801-1877).
Synonyms: Brigham Young
- (noun): United States baseball player and famous pitcher (1867-1955).
Synonyms: Cy Young, Danton True Young
- (noun): British physicist and Egyptologist; he revived the wave theory of light and proposed a three-component theory of color vision; he also played an important role in deciphering the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone (1773-1829).
Synonyms: Thomas Young
- (adj): (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth.
Example: "Young people"
- (noun): Any immature animal.
Famous quotes containing the word young:
“Obedient daily dress,
You cannot always keep
That unfakable young surface.”
—Philip Larkin (19221986)
“Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.”
—Dylan Thomas (19141953)
“I feel a kind of reverence for the first books of young authors. There is so much aspiration in them, so much audacious hope and trembling fear, so much of the hearts history, that all errors and shortcomings are for a while lost sight of in the amiable self assertion of youth.”
—Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (18071882)