Some articles on young:
... The Young Patriots Organization was an American left-wing organization of the 1960s and 1970s ... neighborhood of Chicago, the organization was designed to support young, white migrants from the Appalachia region ... Panther Party and José "Cha-Cha" Jiménez of the Young Lords Organization the three organizations formed the Rainbow Coalition (unrelated to Jesse Jackson's later Rainbow/PUSH Coalition) ...
... Young, Gay and Proud is a book written for adolescents who are exploring a gay identity ... It was edited by Sasha Alyson and Lynne Yamaguchi Fletcher ...
... on the soap opera Santa Barbara, playing the young Mason Capwell ... involvement in Parenthood and the daily soap earned him a nomination for the Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor each ...
... Female treeshrews give birth to up to three young after a gestation period of 45 to 50 days, in nests lined with dry leaves inside tree hollows ... The young are born blind and hairless, but are able to leave the nest after about a month ... mother provides relatively little maternal care, visiting her young only for a few minutes every other day to suckle them ...
... The Young America Movement was an American political and cultural attitude in the mid-nineteenth century ... reform movements of the 1830s (see Young Italy, Young Hegelians), the American group was formed as a political organization in 1845 by Edwin de Leon and George H ... O'Sullivan captured the general purpose of the Young America Movement in an 1837 editorial for the Democratic Review Historian Edward L ...
More definitions of "young":
- (noun): British physicist and Egyptologist; he revived the wave theory of light and proposed a three-component theory of color vision; he also played an important role in deciphering the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone (1773-1829).
Synonyms: Thomas Young
- (noun): Young people collectively.
Example: "Rock music appeals to the young"
- (noun): English poet (1683-1765).
Synonyms: Edward Young
- (noun): United States film and television actress (1913-2000).
Synonyms: Loretta Young
- (adj): (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth.
Example: "Young people"
- (noun): United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801-1877).
Synonyms: Brigham Young
- (noun): United States civil rights leader (1921-1971).
Synonyms: Whitney Young, Whitney Moore Young Jr.
- (adj): (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity.
Example: "Young corn"
- (noun): Any immature animal.
Famous quotes containing the word young:
“The young are just as opinionated as the old, but have more exciting things to do than sit around airing their opinions all day.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“There was a young lady of Ryde
Who swallowed some apples and died.
The apples fermented
Inside the lamented
And made cider inside her inside.”
“She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)