More definitions of "value":
- (verb): Fix or determine the value of; assign a value to.
Example: "Value the jewelry and art work in the estate"
- (noun): A numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed.
Example: "The value assigned was 16 milliseconds"
- (noun): The amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else.
Example: "He tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices"
Synonyms: economic value
- (noun): An ideal accepted by some individual or group.
Example: "He has old-fashioned values"
- (verb): Estimate the value of.
- (noun): The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable.
Example: "The Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world"
- (noun): Relative darkness or lightness of a color.
Example: "I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light"-Joe Hing Lowe
Famous quotes containing the word value:
“And those handmade presents that children often bring home from school: They have so much value! The value is that the child put whatever he or she could into making them. The way we parents respond to the giving of such gifts is very important. To the child the gift is really self, and they want so much for their selves to be acceptable, to be loved.”
—Fred Rogers (20th century)