USE or U.S.E. can refer to:
Read more about Use.
Some articles on use:
... USE or U.S.E ... can refer to United States of Europe, a term sometimes used to refer to a hypothetical Federal Europe The fictional United States of Europe in the alternate history novel 1632 and the following 1632 book series United State of Electronica, an American rock band U.S.E ...
... while the NSW Housing Commission wished to use much of this land to build new low-density public housing estates in areas such as Blacktown and Liverpool ...
... Google suggests that users can make use of this feature to download the map of a foreign city before traveling to visit it, to avoid the need for expensive international roaming data ...
More definitions of "use":
- (noun): The act of using.
Example: "He warned against the use of narcotic drugs"
Synonyms: usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise
- (noun): Exerting shrewd or devious influence especially for one's own advantage.
- (noun): (economics) the utilization of economic goods to satisfy needs or in manufacturing.
Synonyms: consumption, economic consumption, usance, use of goods and services
- (verb): Use up, consume fully.
- (noun): A pattern of behavior acquired through frequent repetition.
Example: "Long use had hardened him to it"
Synonyms: habit, wont
- (noun): (law) the exercise of the legal right to enjoy the benefits of owning property.
Example: "We were given the use of his boat"
- (noun): What something is used for.
Example: "Ballet is beautiful but what use is it?"
Synonyms: function, purpose, role
- (verb): Seek or achieve an end by using to one's advantage.
Example: "She uses her influential friends to get jobs"; "The president's wife used her good connections"
- (verb): Avail oneself to.
Example: "Use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"
Synonyms: practice, apply
- (verb): Take or consume (regularly or habitually).
- (verb): Put into service; make work or employ (something) for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose.
Example: "Use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can't make use of this tool"; "use the plastic bags to store the food"; "He doesn't know how to use a computer"
Synonyms: utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- (noun): A particular service.
Example: "He put his knowledge to good use"; "patrons have their uses"
Famous quotes containing the word use:
“... it is use, and use alone, which leads one of us, tolerably trained to recognize any criterion of grace or any sense of the fitness of things, to tolerate ... the styles of dress to which we are more or less conforming every day of our lives. Fifty years hence they will seem to us as uncultivated as the nose-rings of the Hottentot seem today.”
—Elizabeth Stuart Phelps (18441911)