Some articles on track, tracks:
... Two marked trails for bicycle riders The "Sokho" track – a 13 km track heading towards Tel Sokho and then heads back ... Track "Borgyne" – a 22 km track which passes through the ancient ruins of Etri and Borgyne, and then heads back ...
... Axle track, the distance between centres of roadwheels on an axle of a motor vehicle Continuous track, a belt providing motive traction for a tracked vehicle such as a tank ...
... (The Bee's Chasing Me)" – 644 (hidden bonus track on Sony/Columbia CD edition) "Car Wash Hair" appears as track 99 on the 1992 Sony/Columbia version of the album ... Also, on this same version, "Very Sleepy Rivers" is divided into fragments between tracks 8 (715) and 9 to 98, which are each 4 seconds long ... The audio slowly fades out around track 83 and, around track 88, someone starts saying 'pick' repeatedly with some barely audible laughter ...
... The Birdsville Track is a notable outback road in Australia ... The 517 km track runs from Marree, a small town in northern South Australia, north across the Tirari Desert and Sturt Stony Desert, ending in Birdsville in south western Queensland ... In former years the track was of a very poor quality and suitable only for high-clearance four-wheel drive vehicles, but it has been upgraded to a full-scale dirt road and is now a ...
... Men's Baseball Basketball Cross country Football Golf Indoor track and field Soccer Swimming and diving Tennis Track and field Wrestling Women's Basketball Cross country ...
More definitions of "track":
- (noun): A line or route along which something travels or moves.
Example: "The track of an animal"
Synonyms: path, course
- (verb): Carry on the feet and deposit.
Example: "Track mud into the house"
- (noun): A distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact disc.
Example: "The title track of the album"
- (verb): Make tracks upon.
- (noun): A pair of parallel rails providing a runway for wheels.
- (noun): An endless metal belt on which tracked vehicles move over the ground.
Synonyms: caterpillar track, caterpillar tread
- (verb): Go after with the intent to catch.
Synonyms: chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after
- (verb): Observe or plot the moving path of something.
Example: "Track a missile"
- (noun): (computer science) one of the circular magnetic paths on a magnetic disk that serve as a guide for writing and reading data.
Synonyms: data track
- (noun): A groove on a phonograph recording.
- (noun): A bar or bars of rolled steel making a track along which vehicles can roll.
Synonyms: rail, rails
- (noun): The act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track.
Famous quotes containing the word track:
“To most men, experience is like the stern lights of a ship, which illumine only the track it has passed.”
—Samuel Taylor Coleridge (17721834)
“Away went the messengers bicycle,
His serpents track went up the hill forever.
And all the time she stood there hot as fever
And cold as any icicle.”
—John Crowe Ransom (18881974)
“He who rides and keeps the beaten track studies the fences chiefly.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)