Some articles on tests, test:
... from 'true random' numbers according to specified statistical tests ... The tests are the monobit test (equal numbers of ones and zeros in the sequence), poker test (a special instance of the chi-squared test), runs test (counts the frequency of runs of various. 1, 1999) and FIPS (140-1, 1994), and the autocorrelation test ...
... Tests (album), a 1998 album by The Microphones "Tester," a song by Anthrax on the album Stomp 442 The Tester, a reality show produced by Sony about videogame testing ...
... current measure of Mayer and Salovey's model of EI, the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT) is based on a series of emotion-based problem-solving items ... claim of EI as a type of intelligence, the test is modeled on ability-based IQ tests ... Although promoted as an ability test, the MSCEIT is unlike standard IQ tests in that its items do not have objectively correct responses ...
... In mathematics, the horizontal line test is a test used to determine whether a function is injective (i.e ...
... College Scholastic Ability Test, or Suneung (수능), a standardized test for admission to South Korean universities National Curriculum assessment, a series of educational ...
More definitions of "test":
- (verb): Examine someone's knowledge of something.
- (verb): Determine the presence or properties of (a substance).
- (noun): A hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins.
- (noun): A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
Example: "When the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
Synonyms: examination, exam
- (verb): Test or examine for the presence of disease or infection.
- (verb): Achieve a certain score or rating on a test.
Example: "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
- (verb): Show a certain characteristic when tested.
Example: "He tested positive for HIV"
- (noun): Any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc.
Example: "The test was standardized on a large sample of students"
Synonyms: mental test, mental testing, psychometric test
- (verb): Put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to.
Example: "Test this recipe"
Synonyms: prove, try, try out, examine, essay
- (verb): Undergo a test.
Example: "She doesn't test well"
Famous quotes containing the word test:
“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940)
“This, then, is the test we must set for ourselves; not to march alone but to march in such a way that others will wish to join us.”
—Hubert H. Humphrey (19111978)
“He who has never failed somewhere, that man can not be great. Failure is the true test of greatness. And if it be said, that continual success is a proof that a man wisely knows his powers,it is only to be added, that, in that case, he knows them to be small.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)