Some articles on test, tests:
... Tests (album), a 1998 album by The Microphones "Tester," a song by Anthrax on the album Stomp 442 The Tester, a reality show produced by Sony about videogame testing Johnny Test, an American/Canadian ...
... In mathematics, the horizontal line test is a test used to determine whether a function is injective (i.e ...
... numbers according to specified statistical tests ... The tests are the monobit test (equal numbers of ones and zeros in the sequence), poker test (a special instance of the chi-squared test), runs test (counts the frequency of runs of various lengths. 1, 1999) and FIPS (140-1, 1994), and the autocorrelation test ...
... College Scholastic Ability Test, or Suneung (수능), a standardized test for admission to South Korean universities National Curriculum assessment, a series of ...
... model of EI, the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT) is based on a series of emotion-based problem-solving items ... Consistent with the model's claim of EI as a type of intelligence, the test is modeled on ability-based IQ tests ... Although promoted as an ability test, the MSCEIT is unlike standard IQ tests in that its items do not have objectively correct responses ...
More definitions of "test":
- (verb): Examine someone's knowledge of something.
- (verb): Put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to.
Example: "Test this recipe"
Synonyms: prove, try, try out, examine, essay
- (noun): The act of undergoing testing.
Example: "He survived the great test of battle"
- (verb): Show a certain characteristic when tested.
Example: "He tested positive for HIV"
- (verb): Determine the presence or properties of (a substance).
- (noun): Any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc.
Example: "The test was standardized on a large sample of students"
Synonyms: mental test, mental testing, psychometric test
- (verb): Achieve a certain score or rating on a test.
Example: "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
- (verb): Test or examine for the presence of disease or infection.
- (noun): A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
Example: "When the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
Synonyms: examination, exam
- (noun): A hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins.
Famous quotes containing the word test:
“To test a modest mans modesty do not investigate if he ignores applause, find out if he abides criticism.”
—Franz Grillparzer (17911872)
“The final test of a novel will be our affection for it, as it is the test of our friends, and of anything else which we cannot define.”
—E.M. (Edward Morgan)
“To answer a question so as to admit of no reply, is the test of a man.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)