Some articles on tests, test:
... which is indistinguishable from 'true random' numbers according to specified statistical tests ... The tests are the monobit test (equal numbers of ones and zeros in the sequence), poker test (a special instance of the chi-squared test), runs test (counts the frequency of runs of. 1, 1999) and FIPS (140-1, 1994), and the autocorrelation test ...
... of EI, the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT) is based on a series of emotion-based problem-solving items ... Consistent with the model's claim of EI as a type of intelligence, the test is modeled on ability-based IQ tests ... Although promoted as an ability test, the MSCEIT is unlike standard IQ tests in that its items do not have objectively correct responses ...
... Tests (album), a 1998 album by The Microphones "Tester," a song by Anthrax on the album Stomp 442 The Tester, a reality show produced by Sony about videogame testing Johnny Test, an ...
... In mathematics, the horizontal line test is a test used to determine whether a function is injective (i.e ...
... College Scholastic Ability Test, or Suneung (수능), a standardized test for admission to South Korean universities National Curriculum assessment, a series of ...
More definitions of "test":
- (verb): Show a certain characteristic when tested.
Example: "He tested positive for HIV"
- (verb): Put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to.
Example: "Test this recipe"
Synonyms: prove, try, try out, examine, essay
- (verb): Achieve a certain score or rating on a test.
Example: "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
- (noun): Any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc.
Example: "The test was standardized on a large sample of students"
Synonyms: mental test, mental testing, psychometric test
- (noun): A hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins.
- (noun): A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
Example: "When the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
Synonyms: examination, exam
- (verb): Examine someone's knowledge of something.
- (verb): Determine the presence or properties of (a substance).
- (verb): Test or examine for the presence of disease or infection.
- (verb): Undergo a test.
Example: "She doesn't test well"
Famous quotes containing the word test:
“[17th-century] Puritans were the first modern parents. Like many of us, they looked on their treatment of children as a test of their own self-control. Their goal was not to simply to ensure the childs duty to the family, but to help him or her make personal, individual commitments. They were the first authors to state that children must obey God rather than parents, in case of a clear conflict.”
—C. John Sommerville (20th century)
“A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.”
—Samuel Johnson (17091784)
“To test a modest mans modesty do not investigate if he ignores applause, find out if he abides criticism.”
—Franz Grillparzer (17911872)