A tell or tel, (from Hebrew: תֵּל, Arabic: تلّ, tall) is a type of archaeological mound created by human occupation and abandonment of a geographical site over many centuries. A classic tell looks like a low, truncated cone with a flat top and sloping sides.
Read more about Tell.
More definitions of "tell":
- (verb): Give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority.
Synonyms: order, enjoin, say
- (verb): Give evidence.
- (verb): Mark as different.
Synonyms: distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell apart
- (verb): Let something be known.
Example: "Tell them that you will be late"
- (verb): Inform positively and with certainty and confidence.
Example: "I tell you that man is a crook!"
- (verb): Narrate or give a detailed account of.
Example: "Tell what happened"
Synonyms: narrate, recount, recite
- (verb): Discern or comprehend.
Example: "He could tell that she was unhappy"