Some articles on tap, taps:
... Let's Tap is a video game developed by Yuji Naka's studio Prope and published by Sega for the Wii console ... Along with Let's Catch, Let's Tap was the first game from Prope to be announced ... Owners of Let's Tap will be able to unlock content in Let's Catch ...
... iPod touch advertising campaign, Apple featured Tap Tap Revenge in print and television ads with the headline "The funnest iPod ever." ... The game spawned three direct sequels, Tap Tap Revenge 2, Tap Tap Revenge 3 (released on 20 December 2010), and Tap Tap Revenge 4, as well as a set of spin-offs and artist-centric video games ... The digital distribution of the Tap Tap series has made it among the best-selling video game franchises of all time with over 15 million combined downloads ...
... Tap is a village in the municipality of Tap Qaraqoyunlu in the Goranboy Rayon of Azerbaijan ...
... Evett) (February 9, 1927 – January 22, 2008) was an US tap dancer, choreographer, and teacher ... A virtuoso tap dancer, Robinson perfected a high speed, low to the ground, a cappella style of dance that was characterized by elegance, precision, and ... and finally in national and international tap festivals ...
... The game features the following minigames Tap Runner Up to four players compete in a side scrolling race along an obstacle course where they must jump over chasms, climb up ramps and edge along tightropes, in ... The game is controlled with the speed of taps, with rhythmic tapping making the player jog, faster taps to run and a hard tap to jump ... Rhythm Tap Players tap in time to a moving timeline of musical beats ...
More definitions of "tap":
- (verb): Make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently.
Synonyms: solicit, beg
- (verb): Dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes.
- (verb): Draw from or dip into to get something.
Example: "Tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
- (noun): A tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads.
- (noun): The act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information.
- (verb): Furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it.
Example: "Tap a cask of wine"
- (verb): Cut a female screw thread with a tap.
- (verb): Draw (liquor) from a tap.
Example: "Tap beer in a bar"
- (verb): Strike lightly.
- (verb): Draw from; make good use of.
- (noun): A small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing).
- (noun): A faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask.
Synonyms: water faucet, water tap, spigot, hydrant
- (verb): Walk with a tapping sound.
- (noun): A plug for a bunghole in a cask.
Famous quotes containing the word tap:
“Anna who was mad,
I have a knife in my armpit.
When I stand on tiptoe I tap out messages.”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)
“A book is like a manclever and dull, brave and cowardly, beautiful and ugly. For every flowering thought there will be a page like a wet and mangy mongrel, and for every looping flight a tap on the wing and a reminder that wax cannot hold the feathers firm too near the sun.”
—John Steinbeck (19021968)