More definitions of "stool":
- (noun): (forestry) the stump of a tree that has been felled or headed for the production of saplings.
- (verb): Lure with a stool, as of wild fowl.
- (noun): A simple seat without a back or arms.
- (noun): Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels.
Synonyms: fecal matter, faecal matter, feces, faeces, BM, ordure, dejection
- (verb): React to a decoy, of wildfowl.
- (verb): Grow shoots in the form of stools or tillers.
Famous quotes containing the word stool:
“Most of us who turn to any subject we love remember some morning or evening hour when we got on a high stool to reach down an untried volume, or sat with parted lips listening to a new talker, or for very lack of books began to listen to the voices within, as the first traceable beginning of our love.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)
“Oh, to have a little house!
To own the hearth and stool and all!
The heaped-up sods upon the fire,
The pile of turf against the wall!”
—Padraic Colum (18811972)