Some articles on smith:
... Smith grind, a skateboarding trick Smith machine, a piece of weight training equipment Smith and Weller Building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Henry ...
... Emily Danvers Smith, 1st Viscountess Hambleden (1828–1913) William Frederick Danvers Smith, 2nd Viscount Hambleden (1868–1928) William Henry Smith, 3rd Viscount Hambleden (1903–1948) William Herbert "Harry ...
... Zuriel Smith (born January 15, 1980 in Richmond, Virginia) is an American football wide receiver and return specialist who is currently a free agent ... Smith has played for the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants, the New England Patriots, and the Rhein Fire ... Smith attended Atlee High School in Mechanicsville, Virginia ...
... between the United Kingdom and Rhodesia at an impasse, Smith (according to his autobiography Bitter Harvest) had authorized a committee under Cabinet Secretary Gerald B ... Rhodesian Parliament building until the morning of November 11, when Smith and his cabinet colleagues — after a last-minute appeal by the British Government failed to convince them not to follow this course ... Clarke was then directed by Smith to prepare the signing ceremony ...
... A college professor at the Spider-Friends' university, Hiawatha Smith is the son of the heroic chief of the Native American nations that fought against the Axis during World War II ... Hiawatha Smith's home is adorned with decorations from various cultures including Hindu and native African tribes and he often employs a boomerang in battle ...
More definitions of "Smith":
- (noun): Scottish economist who advocated private enterprise and free trade (1723-1790).
Synonyms: Adam Smith
- (noun): English explorer who helped found the colony at Jamestown, Virginia; was said to have been saved by Pocahontas (1580-1631).
Synonyms: John Smith, Captain John Smith
- (noun): Someone who works at something specified.
- (noun): Religious leader who founded the Mormon Church in 1830 (1805-1844).
Synonyms: Joseph Smith
- (noun): United States suffragist who refused to pay taxes until she could vote (1792-1886).
Synonyms: Julia Evelina Smith
- (noun): Someone who works metal (especially by hammering it when it is hot and malleable).
- (noun): United States singer noted for her rendition of patriotic songs (1909-1986).
Synonyms: Kate Smith, Kathryn Elizabeth Smith
- (noun): United States blues singer (1894-1937).
Synonyms: Bessie Smith
Famous quotes containing the word smith:
“How awful to reflect that what people say of us is true!”
—Logan Pearsall Smith (18651946)
“The human heart dares not stay away too long from that which hurt it most. There is a return journey to anguish that few of us are released from making.”
—Lillian Smith (18971966)
“To found a great empire for the sole purpose of raising up a people of customers, may at first sight appear a project fit only for a nation of shopkeepers. It is, however, a project altogether unfit for a nation of shopkeepers, but extremely fit for a nation that is governed by shopkeepers.”
—Adam Smith (17231790)