Some articles on smith:
... the United Kingdom and Rhodesia at an impasse, Smith (according to his autobiography Bitter Harvest) had authorized a committee under Cabinet Secretary Gerald B ... Parliament building until the morning of November 11, when Smith and his cabinet colleagues — after a last-minute appeal by the British Government ... Clarke was then directed by Smith to prepare the signing ceremony ...
... Smith grind, a skateboarding trick Smith machine, a piece of weight training equipment Smith and Weller Building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places ...
... A college professor at the Spider-Friends' university, Hiawatha Smith is the son of the heroic chief of the Native American nations that fought against the Axis during World War II ... Hiawatha Smith's home is adorned with decorations from various cultures including Hindu and native African tribes and he often employs a boomerang in battle ...
... Emily Danvers Smith, 1st Viscountess Hambleden (1828–1913) William Frederick Danvers Smith, 2nd Viscount Hambleden (1868–1928) William Henry Smith, 3rd Viscount Hambleden (1903–1948) William Herbert "Harry ...
... Zuriel Smith (born January 15, 1980 in Richmond, Virginia) is an American football wide receiver and return specialist who is currently a free agent ... Smith has played for the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants, the New England Patriots, and the Rhein Fire ... Smith attended Atlee High School in Mechanicsville, Virginia ...
More definitions of "Smith":
- (noun): Someone who works at something specified.
- (noun): Scottish economist who advocated private enterprise and free trade (1723-1790).
Synonyms: Adam Smith
- (noun): United States blues singer (1894-1937).
Synonyms: Bessie Smith
- (noun): Rhodesian statesman who declared independence of Zimbabwe from Great Britain (born in 1919).
Synonyms: Ian Smith, Ian Douglas Smith
- (noun): Someone who works metal (especially by hammering it when it is hot and malleable).
- (noun): United States suffragist who refused to pay taxes until she could vote (1792-1886).
Synonyms: Julia Evelina Smith
- (noun): Religious leader who founded the Mormon Church in 1830 (1805-1844).
Synonyms: Joseph Smith
Famous quotes containing the word smith:
“Nobody shoots at Santa Claus.”
—Alfred E. Smith (18731944)
“This Englishwoman is so refined
She has no bosom and no behind.”
—Stevie Smith (19021971)
“What a pity it is that we have no amusements in England but vice and religion!”
—Sydney Smith (17711845)