Some articles on smith:
... Zuriel Smith (born January 15, 1980 in Richmond, Virginia) is an American football wide receiver and return specialist who is currently a free agent ... Smith has played for the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants, the New England Patriots, and the Rhein Fire ... Smith attended Atlee High School in Mechanicsville, Virginia ...
... the Spider-Friends' university, Hiawatha Smith is the son of the heroic chief of the Native American nations that fought against the Axis during World War II ... Hiawatha Smith's home is adorned with decorations from various cultures including Hindu and native African tribes and he often employs a boomerang in battle ...
... Smith grind, a skateboarding trick Smith machine, a piece of weight training equipment Smith and Weller Building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Henry ...
... Emily Danvers Smith, 1st Viscountess Hambleden (1828–1913) William Frederick Danvers Smith, 2nd Viscount Hambleden (1868–1928) William Henry Smith, 3rd Viscount Hambleden (1903–1948) William ...
... negotiations between the United Kingdom and Rhodesia at an impasse, Smith (according to his autobiography Bitter Harvest) had authorized a committee under Cabinet Secretary ... until the morning of November 11, when Smith and his cabinet colleagues — after a last-minute appeal by the British Government failed to convince them not to ... Clarke was then directed by Smith to prepare the signing ceremony ...
More definitions of "Smith":
- (noun): Rhodesian statesman who declared independence of Zimbabwe from Great Britain (born in 1919).
Synonyms: Ian Smith, Ian Douglas Smith
- (noun): United States blues singer (1894-1937).
Synonyms: Bessie Smith
- (noun): English explorer who helped found the colony at Jamestown, Virginia; was said to have been saved by Pocahontas (1580-1631).
Synonyms: John Smith, Captain John Smith
- (noun): Someone who works metal (especially by hammering it when it is hot and malleable).
- (noun): Religious leader who founded the Mormon Church in 1830 (1805-1844).
Synonyms: Joseph Smith
- (noun): Someone who works at something specified.
- (noun): United States singer noted for her rendition of patriotic songs (1909-1986).
Synonyms: Kate Smith, Kathryn Elizabeth Smith
- (noun): United States suffragist who refused to pay taxes until she could vote (1792-1886).
Synonyms: Julia Evelina Smith
Famous quotes containing the word smith:
“Growing old is no gradual decline, but a series of tumbles, full of sorrow, from one ledge to another. Yet when we pick ourselves up we find no bones are broken; while not unpleasing is the new terrace which stretches out unexplored before us.”
—Logan Pearsall Smith (18651946)
“Tasting of the sweet damp woods and of the rain one inch above the meadow:
It was like feasting upon air.”
—William Jay Smith (b. 1918)
“Heat, maam! It was so dreadful here that I found there was nothing left for it but to take off my flesh and sit in my bones.”
—Sydney Smith (17711845)