Service can refer to
Read more about Service.
Some articles on service:
... Association placed high value on youth service intiatives, partnering with Youth Service America and supports student run Y-Clubs (service organizations) throughout the ... Student leaders plan service projects and awareness activities in their schools and communities in order to meet a local need while teaching young people the importance of engagement ... To reinforce the power of service, this non-profit selects small teams of high school applicants to join the Y-Corps service teams each summer ...
... The FlyAway Bus is a shuttle service run by the LAWA, which currently travels between one of three off-airport areas San Fernando Valley (Van Nuys), downtown Los Angeles (Union Station ... The shuttle service stops at every LAX terminal ... The service hours vary based on the line ...
... Q was introduced as a service identifier for the Brighton Beach Express via Broadway (Manhattan) on the rollsigns of the R27 class of subway cars as they were delivered beginning in 1960 and on all subsequent ... The former designation for the service was the number 1, itself introduced in 1924, a designation shared by all Brighton Line mainline services ... of the R27 class subway cars, the mainline local services on the Brighton Line (and other BMT services) were given double letters in conformance with IND ...
... The 4th West Virginia Cavalry was enlisted in Parkersburg and Wheeling in western Virginia between July and August 1863 for one year's service ... January 30, 1864, Engagement at Moorefield The regiment was mustered out on June 23, 1864 ...
... The Q Broadway Express is a service of the New York City Subway ... on the route sign, on station signs and the official subway map, as it represents a service provided on the BMT Broadway Line through Manhattan ... The Q service operates at all times ...
More definitions of "service":
- (noun): A company or agency that performs a public service; subject to government regulation.
- (noun): Tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table.
Synonyms: table service
- (noun): (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play.
- (noun): Employment in or work for another.
Example: "He retired after 30 years of service"
- (verb): Be used by; as of a utility.
- (noun): (law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him.
- (noun): The act of mating by male animals.
Example: "The bull was worth good money in servicing fees"
- (noun): The act of public worship following prescribed rules.
Example: "The Sunday service"
Synonyms: religious service, divine service
- (verb): Mate with.
- (noun): An act of help or assistance.
Example: "He did them a service"
- (noun): Work done by one person or group that benefits another.
Example: "Budget separately for goods and services"
- (noun): The act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone.
Example: "He accepted service of the subpoena"
Synonyms: serving, service of process
- (noun): The performance of duties by a waiter or servant.
Example: "That restaurant has excellent service"
- (verb): Make fit for use.
Example: "Service my truck"; "the washing machine needs to be serviced"
Famous quotes containing the word service:
“I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any preaching. How far off, how cool, how chaste the persons look, begirt each one with a precinct or sanctuary!”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Television could perform a great service in mass education, but theres no indication its sponsors have anything like this on their minds.”
—Tallulah Bankhead (19031968)
“The socialism of our day has done good service in setting men to thinking how certain civilizing benefits, now only enjoyed by the opulent, can be enjoyed by all.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)