More definitions of "scan":
- (verb): Conform to a metrical pattern.
- (verb): Obtain data from magnetic tapes.
- (verb): Read metrically.
Example: "Scan verses"
- (verb): Make a wide, sweeping search of.
Example: "The beams scanned the night sky"
- (verb): Examine minutely or intensely.
Example: "The surgeon scanned the X-ray"
- (verb): Move a light beam over; in electronics, to reproduce an image.
- (noun): An image produced by scanning.
Example: "He analyzed the brain scan"; "you could see the tumor in the CAT scan"
Synonyms: CAT scan