More definitions of "response":
- (noun): The speech act of continuing a conversational exchange.
- (noun): The manner in which something is greeted.
- (noun): A statement (either spoken or written) that is made in reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation.
Synonyms: answer, reply
- (noun): A phrase recited or sung by the congregation following a versicle by the priest or minister.
- (noun): A bodily process occurring due to the effect of some foregoing stimulus or agent.
Famous quotes containing the word response:
“From time to time I listen to what you are saying, just in case a response is needed.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“What Im saying is that a lot of behavior that you are talking about is a direct response of people not having a future, or feeling that they dont have a future.”
—William Julius Wilson (b. 1935)
“There is ... but one response possible from us: Force, Force to the uttermost, Force without stint or limit, the righteous and triumphant Force which shall make Right the law of the world and cast every selfish dominion down in the dust.”
—Woodrow Wilson (18561924)