Some articles on part:
... Görlitz was a small village named Gorelic in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that eventually saw the Soviet armies liberate all of ... The 5th Army itself only advanced as far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural, much of it covered by the Forest of ... found in Yvelines the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays." After many years ...
More definitions of "part":
- (noun): An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
Example: "She played the part of Desdemona"
Synonyms: character, role, theatrical role, persona
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Example: "He tried to sing the tenor part"
- (noun): A portion of a natural object.
- (noun): One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
Example: "The written part of the exam"
Synonyms: section, division
- (noun): The extended spatial location of something.
- (noun): So far as concerns the actor specified.
Example: "It requires vigilance on our part" or "they resisted every effort on his part"
- (verb): Discontinue an association or relation; go different ways.
Synonyms: separate, split up, split, break, break up
- (noun): Any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor.
Synonyms: contribution, share
- (noun): The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
Example: "The government must do its part"
Synonyms: function, office, role
- (noun): A line where the hair is parted.
Example: "His part was right in the middle"
- (noun): Something less than the whole of a human artifact.
Example: "The rear part of the house"
- (noun): Something determined in relation to something that includes it.
Example: "He wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"
Synonyms: portion, component part, component
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“If Washington were President now, he would have to learn our ways or lose his next election. Only fools and theorists imagine that our society can be handled with gloves or long poles. One must make ones self a part of it. If virtue wont answer our purpose, we must use vice, or our opponents will put us out of office, and this was as true in Washingtons day as it is now, and always will be.”
—Henry Brooks Adams (18381918)
“There is little for the great part of the history of the world except the bitter tears of pity and the hot tears of wrath.”
—Woodrow Wilson (18561924)
“The part I remember best is the beginning.”
—Jean Racine (16391699)