Some articles on part:
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the ... parks can be found in Yvelines the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that ... only advanced as far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays ...
... During World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the Polish Army ...
More definitions of "part":
- (noun): Assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group.
Synonyms: share, portion, percentage
- (noun): So far as concerns the actor specified.
Example: "It requires vigilance on our part" or "they resisted every effort on his part"
- (noun): Any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor.
Synonyms: contribution, share
- (noun): The extended spatial location of something.
- (noun): The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
Example: "The government must do its part"
Synonyms: function, office, role
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Example: "He tried to sing the tenor part"
- (noun): A portion of a natural object.
- (noun): One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
Example: "The written part of the exam"
Synonyms: section, division
- (noun): Something less than the whole of a human artifact.
Example: "The rear part of the house"
- (noun): An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
Example: "She played the part of Desdemona"
Synonyms: character, role, theatrical role, persona
- (noun): Something determined in relation to something that includes it.
Example: "He wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"
Synonyms: portion, component part, component
- (noun): A line where the hair is parted.
Example: "His part was right in the middle"
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“Unlike the Concord, the Merrimack is not a dead but a living stream, though it has less life within its waters and on its banks. It has a swift current, and, in this part of its course, a clayey bottom, almost no weeds, and comparatively few fishes.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Maria: You should get out of these clothes immediately. Youll catch your death of pneumonia, you will.
Inspector Clouseau: Yes, yes, I probably will. But its all part of lifes rich pageantry.”
—Blake Edwards (b. 1922)
“Two may talk and one may hear, but three cannot take part in a conversation of the most sincere and searching sort. In good company there is never such discourse between two, across the table, as takes place when you leave them open.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)