Some articles on part:
... under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that eventually saw ... The 5th Army itself only advanced as far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... Since 1945 under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the Polish Army in the East ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural, much of it covered by the Forest of Rambouillet (al ... regional parks can be found in Yvelines the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays." After many years as part of the X ...
More definitions of "part":
- (noun): The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
Example: "The government must do its part"
Synonyms: function, office, role
- (noun): One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
Example: "The written part of the exam"
Synonyms: section, division
- (noun): Assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group.
Synonyms: share, portion, percentage
- (noun): A line where the hair is parted.
Example: "His part was right in the middle"
- (noun): Any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor.
Synonyms: contribution, share
- (verb): Discontinue an association or relation; go different ways.
Synonyms: separate, split up, split, break, break up
- (noun): Something less than the whole of a human artifact.
Example: "The rear part of the house"
- (noun): So far as concerns the actor specified.
Example: "It requires vigilance on our part" or "they resisted every effort on his part"
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Example: "He tried to sing the tenor part"
- (noun): Something determined in relation to something that includes it.
Example: "He wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"
Synonyms: portion, component part, component
- (noun): An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
Example: "She played the part of Desdemona"
Synonyms: character, role, theatrical role, persona
- (noun): The extended spatial location of something.
- (noun): A portion of a natural object.
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“Life isnt all beer and skittles, but beer and skittles, or something better of the same sort, must form a good part of every Englishmans education.”
—Thomas Hughes (18221896)
“One might imagine that a movement which is so preoccupied with the fulfillment of human potential would have a measure of respect for those who nourish its source. But politics make strange bedfellows, and liberated women have elected to become part of a long tradition of hostility to mothers.”
—Elaine Heffner (20th century)
“No more picking on Dim, brother. Thats part of the new way.”
—Stanley Kubrick (b. 1928)