Some articles on part:
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays." After many years as part of the X ...
... During World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that ... Army itself only advanced as far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... Since 1945 under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... was a small village named Gorelic in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the ... the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
More definitions of "part":
- (noun): Assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group.
Synonyms: share, portion, percentage
- (noun): Something determined in relation to something that includes it.
Example: "He wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"
Synonyms: portion, component part, component
- (noun): The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
Example: "The government must do its part"
Synonyms: function, office, role
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Example: "He tried to sing the tenor part"
- (noun): So far as concerns the actor specified.
Example: "It requires vigilance on our part" or "they resisted every effort on his part"
- (noun): A portion of a natural object.
- (noun): Any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor.
Synonyms: contribution, share
- (noun): The extended spatial location of something.
- (verb): Discontinue an association or relation; go different ways.
Synonyms: separate, split up, split, break, break up
- (noun): One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
Example: "The written part of the exam"
Synonyms: section, division
- (noun): A line where the hair is parted.
Example: "His part was right in the middle"
- (noun): Something less than the whole of a human artifact.
Example: "The rear part of the house"
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“Were it possible so to accelerate the intercourse between every part of the globe that all its inhabitants could be united under the superintending authority of an ecumenical Council, how great a portion of human evils would be avoided.”
—James Madison (17511836)
“Very early in our childrens lives we will be forced to realize that the perfect untroubled life wed like for them is just a fantasy. In daily living, tears and fights and doing things we dont want to do are all part of our human ways of developing into adults.”
—Fred Rogers (20th century)
“Its interesting to leave a place, interesting even to think about it. Leaving reminds us of what we can part with and what we cant, then offers us something new to look forward to, to dream about.”
—Richard Ford (b. 1944)