Some articles on part:
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural, much of it ... Yvelines the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that eventually saw the Soviet armies liberate all of. 5th Army itself only advanced as far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple ...
... War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the Polish Army in the ...
... the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
More definitions of "part":
- (noun): Any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor.
Synonyms: contribution, share
- (noun): An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
Example: "She played the part of Desdemona"
Synonyms: character, role, theatrical role, persona
- (noun): Assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group.
Synonyms: share, portion, percentage
- (verb): Discontinue an association or relation; go different ways.
Synonyms: separate, split up, split, break, break up
- (noun): Something determined in relation to something that includes it.
Example: "He wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"
Synonyms: portion, component part, component
- (noun): The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
Example: "The government must do its part"
Synonyms: function, office, role
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Example: "He tried to sing the tenor part"
- (noun): A line where the hair is parted.
Example: "His part was right in the middle"
- (noun): A portion of a natural object.
- (noun): The extended spatial location of something.
- (noun): Something less than the whole of a human artifact.
Example: "The rear part of the house"
- (noun): One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
Example: "The written part of the exam"
Synonyms: section, division
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“...I was confronted with a virile idealism, an awareness of what man must have for manliness, dignity, and inner liberty which, by contrast, made me see how easy living had made my own group into childishly unthinking people. The Negros struggles and despairs have been like fertilizer in the fields of his humanity, while we, like protected children with all our basic needs supplied, have given our attention to superficialities.”
—Sarah Patton Boyle, U.S. civil rights activist and author. The Desegregated Heart, part 1, ch. 19 (1962)
“John F. Kennedy was the victim of the hate that was a part of our country. It is a disease that occupies the minds of the few but brings danger to the many.”
—Lyndon Baines Johnson (19081973)
“In no part of the Seventeenth Century could the French be said to have had a foothold in Canada; they held only by the fur of the wild animals which they were exterminating.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)