Some articles on part:
... During World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that eventually saw the ... advanced as far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... Since 1945 under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of ...
... was a small village named Gorelic in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural, much of it covered by the Forest of ... parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
More definitions of "part":
- (noun): The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
Example: "The government must do its part"
Synonyms: function, office, role
- (noun): Any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor.
Synonyms: contribution, share
- (noun): Something determined in relation to something that includes it.
Example: "He wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"
Synonyms: portion, component part, component
- (noun): Assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group.
Synonyms: share, portion, percentage
- (noun): Something less than the whole of a human artifact.
Example: "The rear part of the house"
- (noun): The extended spatial location of something.
- (noun): One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
Example: "The written part of the exam"
Synonyms: section, division
- (verb): Discontinue an association or relation; go different ways.
Synonyms: separate, split up, split, break, break up
- (noun): An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
Example: "She played the part of Desdemona"
Synonyms: character, role, theatrical role, persona
- (noun): So far as concerns the actor specified.
Example: "It requires vigilance on our part" or "they resisted every effort on his part"
- (noun): A line where the hair is parted.
Example: "His part was right in the middle"
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Example: "He tried to sing the tenor part"
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“Had she come all the way for this,
To part at last without a kiss?
Yea, had she borne the dirt and rain
That her own eyes might see him slain
Beside the haystack in the floods?”
—William Morris (18341896)
“Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt (18821945)
“And shall the earth
Seem all of paradise that we shall know?
The sky will be much friendlier then than now,
A part of labor and a part of pain,
And next in glory to enduring love,
Not this dividing and indifferent blue.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)