Some articles on part:
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns ... far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... Since 1945 under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department ... parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays." After many ...
... Görlitz was a small village named Gorelic in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... During World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the Polish Army in the East ...
More definitions of "part":
- (noun): The extended spatial location of something.
- (noun): So far as concerns the actor specified.
Example: "It requires vigilance on our part" or "they resisted every effort on his part"
- (noun): The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
Example: "The government must do its part"
Synonyms: function, office, role
- (noun): One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole.
Example: "The written part of the exam"
Synonyms: section, division
- (noun): Something determined in relation to something that includes it.
Example: "He wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"
Synonyms: portion, component part, component
- (noun): A portion of a natural object.
- (noun): Assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group.
Synonyms: share, portion, percentage
- (noun): An actor's portrayal of someone in a play.
Example: "She played the part of Desdemona"
Synonyms: character, role, theatrical role, persona
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Example: "He tried to sing the tenor part"
- (noun): Something less than the whole of a human artifact.
Example: "The rear part of the house"
- (noun): A line where the hair is parted.
Example: "His part was right in the middle"
- (verb): Discontinue an association or relation; go different ways.
Synonyms: separate, split up, split, break, break up
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“A cold and searching wind drives away all contagion, and nothing can withstand it but what has a virtue in it, and accordingly, whatever we meet with in cold and bleak places, as the tops of mountains, we respect for a sort of sturdy innocence, a Puritan toughness. All things beside seem to be called in for shelter, and what stays out must be part of the original frame of the universe, and of such valor as God himself.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“I have spent so long erecting partitions around the part of me that writeslearning how to close the door on it when ordinary life intervenes, how to close the door on ordinary life when its time to start writing againthat Im not sure I could fit the two parts of me back together now.”
—Anne Tyler (b. 1941)
“You know that the beginning is the most important part of any work, especially in the case of a young and tender thing; for that is the time at which the character is being framed.”
—Plato (5th century B.C.)