More definitions of "offer":
- (verb): Put forward for consideration.
Example: "He offered his opinion"
- (verb): Make available or accessible, provide or furnish.
Example: "The conference center offers a health spa"; "The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- (noun): The verbal act of offering.
Example: "A generous offer of assistance"
- (verb): Offer verbally.
- (verb): Make available for sale.
Example: "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- (verb): Produce or introduce on the stage.
Example: "The Shakespeare Company is offering 'King Lear' this month"
- (verb): Make available; provide.
- (verb): Present for acceptance or rejection.
- (verb): Present as an act of worship.
Example: "Offer prayers to the gods"
Synonyms: offer up
- (verb): Agree freely.
- (noun): Something offered (as a proposal or bid).
Famous quotes containing the word offer:
“Let that which stood in front go behind,
Let that which was behind advance to the front,
Let bigots, fools, unclean persons, offer new propositions,
Let the old propositions be postponed.”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)
“Traditions are the always in lifethe rituals and customs that build common memories for children, offer comfort and stability in good times and bad, and create a sense of family identity.”
—Marian Edelman Borden (20th century)
“After all, life hasnt much to offer except youth and I suppose for older people the love of youth in others.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940)