Some articles on mount:
... Mount Vernon is a city in Knox County, Ohio, United States ... The city is named after Mount Vernon, the plantation owned by George Washington ...
... Mount Vernon was the birthplace of Cooper Industries ... gas (and other gasses) compressors, is also located in Mount Vernon ... of Ariel, was a former engineer for Cooper Industries Mount Vernon ...
... Mount (grappling), a grappling position Mountain, a landform Copulation, the union of the sex organs in mating Riding animal, any animal that can ...
... Mount Healthy was founded in 1817 as the village of Mount Pleasant ... In 1850, the town renamed itself "Mount Healthy", following a cholera epidemic, in which many of its citizens survived while those in the surrounding ...
... and peaks Mountain/Peak metres feet namesake Snaring Mountain 2,931 9,617 Mount Bridgland 2,930 9,613 Morrison Bridgland Mount Mahood 2,896 9,502 Consort Mountain 2,883 9,459 Mount Oliver 2,865 9,400 ...
More definitions of "mount":
- (noun): Mounting consisting of a piece of metal (as in a ring or other jewelry) that holds a gem in place.
Example: "The diamond was in a plain gold mount"
- (verb): Copulate with.
- (verb): Attach to a support.
Example: "They mounted the aerator on a floating"
- (noun): The act of climbing something.
- (verb): Prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance.
Example: "Mount a theater production"; "mount an attack"; "mount a play"
Synonyms: put on
- (noun): Something forming a back that is added for strengthening.
- (verb): Put up or launch.
Example: "Mount a campaign against pronography"
- (noun): A land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill.
- (verb): Fix onto a backing, setting, or support.
Example: "Mount slides for macroscopic analysis"
Famous quotes containing the word mount:
“I mount the steps and ring the bell, turning
Wearily, as one would turn to nod good-bye to Rochefoucauld,
If the street were time and he at the end of the street,
And I say, Cousin Harriet, here is the Boston Evening Transcript.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“My name shall mount upon Eternitie.”
—Michael Drayton (15631631)
“If you would feel the full force of a tempest, take up your residence on the top of Mount Washington, or at the Highland Light, in Truro.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)