Some articles on medium:
... Highlands College - Tamil English Medium Sri Pada College - Sinhala Medium St ... Gabriel's Convent - Sinhala Tamil Medium St ... John Bosco's College Tamil Sinhala Medium Highlevel International School - English Medium Univenture college International - English Medium ...
... Medium (spirituality), a person who serves as an intermediary between the physical world and the spiritual world Medium Productions, a record label The ...
... A growth medium or culture medium is a liquid or gel designed to support the growth of microorganisms or cells, or small plants like the moss Physcomitrella patens ... for example, are obligate intracellular parasites and require a growth medium containing living cells ...
... McLuhan suggests that a medium affects the society in which it plays a role not by the content delivered through it, but by the characteristics of the medium itself ... or a television has programs, yet it is a medium that has a social effect that is, a light bulb enables people to create spaces during nighttime that would otherwise be enveloped by darkness ... He describes the light bulb as a medium without any content ...
... However, the format and style of many, if not most, webcomics is still similar to that of traditional newspaper comic strips like Peanuts consisting of three or four panels ... Similar to comic books, manga and graphic novels, other webcomics come in a page form rather than a strip form and tend to focus more on story than gags ...
More definitions of "medium":
- (adj): Around the middle of a scale of evaluation of physical measures.
Example: "Medium bombers"
Synonyms: average, intermediate
- (noun): A state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position.
Example: "A happy medium"
- (noun): Someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead.
- (noun): An intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication.
- (noun): An occupation for which you are especially well suited.
- (adj): (of meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside.
- (noun): Transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public.
Synonyms: mass medium
- (noun): A means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information.
- (noun): A liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter.
- (noun): The surrounding environment.
Example: "Fish require an aqueous medium"
- (noun): An intervening substance through which something is achieved.
Example: "The dissolving medium is called a solvent"
- (noun): (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms.
Synonyms: culture medium
Famous quotes containing the word medium:
“A medium Vodka dry Martiniwith a slice of lemon peel. Shaken and not stirred, please. I would prefer Russian or Polish vodka.”
—Ian Fleming (19081964)
“Life is amazing: and the teacher had better prepare himself to be a medium for that amazement.”
—Edward Blishen (b. 1920)
“Whenever, therefore, people are deceived and form opinions wide of the truth, it is clear that the error has slid into their minds through the medium of certain resemblances to that truth.”
—Socrates (469399 B.C.)