More definitions of "let":
- (noun): The most brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India.
Synonyms: Lashkar-e-Taiba, Lashkar-e-Toiba, Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, Army of the Pure, Army of the Righteous
- (noun): A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again.
Synonyms: net ball
- (verb): Consent to, give permission.
Example: "I won't let the police search her basement"
Synonyms: permit, allow, countenance
- (verb): Actively cause something to happen.
Example: "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- (verb): Cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition.
Example: "This let me in for a big surprise"
Synonyms: get, have
- (verb): Leave unchanged.
Example: "Let it be"
Famous quotes containing the word let:
“A right rule for a club would be, Admit no man whose presence excludes any one topic. It requires people who are not surprised and shocked, who do and let do, and let be, who sink trifles, and know solid values, and who take a great deal for granted.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)