Some articles on land, lands:
... Bay on the Arctic coast, catapulting the issue of land ownership into headlines ... The plan was approved, but a permit to construct the pipeline, which would cross lands involved in the native dispute, could not be granted until the Native claims ... abrogated Native claims to aboriginal lands ...
... In 1995 Land Rover endorsed the production of a hand-made bicycle using its logo ... The bicycle was called the Land Rover APB and was manufactured by Pashley Cycles, of Stratford-upon-Avon, being the collapsible version of their ... Two more models immediately followed the Land Rover XCB V-20 and was aimed primarily at younger riders (children) and the Land Rover XCB D-26, also available as the M26 being one of the first bicycles ...
... (黄泉 or 黄泉の国?) is the Japanese word for the land of the dead (World of Darkness) ... Once one has eaten at the hearth of Yomi it is impossible to return to the land of the living ... "central land of reed plains", located on earth?), and Yomo-tsu-kuni (黄泉国?) or Yomi-no-Kuni (黄泉の国, lit ...
... Power take-off (PTO) was integral to the Land Rover concept from 1948, enabling farm machinery and many other items to be run with the vehicle stationary ... PTOs remained regular options on Series I, II and III Land Rovers up to the demise of the Series Land Rover in 1985 ... Land Rover (the Series/Defender models) is that they are available in a variety of body styles, from a simple canvas-topped pick-up truck to a twelve-seat fully ...
... Land Rovers were manufactured primarily at the Solihull plant, near Birmingham, but production of the Freelander was moved to the Halewood Body Assembly plant near Liverpool, a former Ford ... also assembled in knock-down kit (CKD) form at Land Rover's facility in Pune, India ... In May 2010, Tata Motors announced that it plans to build Land Rover and Jaguar models in China as the company seeks to cut costs and expand sales ...
More definitions of "land":
- (noun): The territory occupied by a nation.
Example: "He returned to the land of his birth"
Synonyms: country, state
- (noun): The land on which real estate is located.
Example: "He built the house on land leased from the city"
- (noun): Territory over which rule or control is exercised.
Example: "He made it the law of the land"
Synonyms: domain, demesne
- (verb): Bring into a different state.
Example: "This may land you in jail"
- (noun): A domain in which something is dominant.
Example: "A land of make-believe"
Synonyms: kingdom, realm
- (verb): Bring ashore.
Example: "The drug smugglers landed the heroin on the beach of the island"
- (noun): Material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use).
Example: "The land had never been plowed"
Synonyms: ground, soil
- (verb): Deliver (a blow).
Example: "He landed several blows on his opponent's head"
- (noun): United States inventor who incorporated Polaroid film into lenses and invented the one-step photographic process (1909-1991).
Synonyms: Din Land, Edwin Herbert Land
- (noun): A politically organized body of people under a single government.
Example: "An industrialized land"
Synonyms: state, nation, country, commonwealth, res publica, body politic
- (adj): Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
Example: "Land vehicles"
- (noun): Working the land as an occupation or way of life.
Example: "There's no work on the land any more"
- (noun): Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
Synonyms: estate, landed estate, acres, demesne
- (verb): Reach or come to rest.
Synonyms: set down
- (adj): Operating or living or growing on land.
Famous quotes containing the word land:
“There will, however, be no one in need among you, because the LORD is sure to bless you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you as a possession to occupy, if only you will obey the LORD your God by diligently observing this entire commandment that I command you today.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Deuteronomy 15:4,5.
“The land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.”
—Bible: Hebrew Numbers 35:33.
“The land is the host and humans merely guests.”