Some articles on hunt, hunts:
... Reading Victoria Road 1945 BST (UTC+1) Taiwo 66' Report Henry 25' N Hunt 89' Attendance 2,360 Referee Andy Penn Second Round 26 August 2008 Reading 5–1 Luton Town Madejski Stadium 2000 ...
... Bernard Miles, Finlay Currie, Jean Simmons, Martita Hunt, Alec Guinness and Valerie Hobson ... the adaptation) played Herbert Pocket and Martita Hunt was Miss Havisham, was written by David Lean, Anthony Havelock-Allan, Cecil McGivern, Ronald Neame and Kay Walsh ... Guinness and Hunt reprised their roles in the film, but the film was not a strict adaptation of the stage version ...
... In 1900, Hunt was appointed by President William McKinley to be the Secretary of Puerto Rico ... Hunt served as Governor of Puerto Rico for three years, from September 15, 1901 to July 4, 1904 ... During his governorship, Hunt signed numerous Executive Orders, including those that made Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day legal holidays in Puerto Rico ...
... bison with the intention of supplementing his income with private bison hunts ... The island was opened for bison hunts beginning in 1896 ... on the island until 1926 when the final "Big Buffalo Hunt" eliminated all but a few of the bison ...
... A local architect, Sumner Hunt, was first hired to complete a design for the building, but Bradbury dismissed Hunt's plans as inadequate to the grandeur of his vision ... He then hired George Wyman, one of Hunt's draftsmen, to design the building ...
More definitions of "hunt":
- (noun): The work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts.
- (verb): Seek, search for.
Example: "She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them"
- (noun): British writer who defended the romanticism of Keats and Shelley (1784-1859).
Synonyms: Leigh Hunt, James Henry Leigh Hunt
- (noun): An association of huntsmen who hunt for sport.
Synonyms: hunt club
- (verb): Search (an area) for prey.
Example: "The King used to hunt these forests"
- (verb): Oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent.
Example: "The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency"
- (noun): Englishman and Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910).
Synonyms: Holman Hunt, William Holman Hunt
- (noun): An instance of searching for something.
Example: "The hunt for submarines"
- (verb): Chase away, with as with force.
Example: "They hunted the the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood"
- (verb): Yaw back and forth about a flight path.
Example: "The plane's nose yawed"
- (noun): The activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone.
Synonyms: search, hunting
- (noun): United States architect (1827-1895).
Synonyms: Richard Morris Hunt
- (noun): The pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport.
Famous quotes containing the word hunt:
“O suns and skies and clouds of June,
And flowers of June together,
Ye cannot rival for one hour
Octobers bright blue weather.”
—Helen Hunt Jackson (18301885)
“Write me as one that loves his fellow-men.”
—Leigh Hunt (17841859)
“In communist society, where nobody has one exclusive sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticize after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, shepherd or critic.”
—Karl Marx (18181883)