Some articles on hunt, hunts:
... A local architect, Sumner Hunt, was first hired to complete a design for the building, but Bradbury dismissed Hunt's plans as inadequate to the grandeur of his ... He then hired George Wyman, one of Hunt's draftsmen, to design the building ...
... Miles, Finlay Currie, Jean Simmons, Martita Hunt, Alec Guinness and Valerie Hobson ... played Herbert Pocket and Martita Hunt was Miss Havisham, was written by David Lean, Anthony Havelock-Allan, Cecil McGivern, Ronald Neame and Kay Walsh ... Guinness and Hunt reprised their roles in the film, but the film was not a strict adaptation of the stage version ...
... supplementing his income with private bison hunts ... The island was opened for bison hunts beginning in 1896 ... Bison hunting continued on the island until 1926 when the final "Big Buffalo Hunt" eliminated all but a few of the bison ...
... Road 1945 BST (UTC+1) Taiwo 66' Report Henry 25' N Hunt 89' Attendance 2,360 Referee Andy Penn Second Round 26 August 2008 Reading 5–1 Luton Town Madejski Stadium 2000 BST (UTC+1) N Hunt 11 ...
... In 1900, Hunt was appointed by President William McKinley to be the Secretary of Puerto Rico ... Hunt served as Governor of Puerto Rico for three years, from September 15, 1901 to July 4, 1904 ... During his governorship, Hunt signed numerous Executive Orders, including those that made Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day legal holidays in Puerto Rico ...
More definitions of "Hunt":
- (noun): British writer who defended the romanticism of Keats and Shelley (1784-1859).
Synonyms: Leigh Hunt, James Henry Leigh Hunt
- (verb): Oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent.
Example: "The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency"
- (verb): Yaw back and forth about a flight path.
Example: "The plane's nose yawed"
- (noun): An instance of searching for something.
Example: "The hunt for submarines"
- (noun): The work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts.
- (verb): Search (an area) for prey.
Example: "The King used to hunt these forests"
- (verb): Chase away, with as with force.
Example: "They hunted the the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood"
- (noun): Englishman and Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910).
Synonyms: Holman Hunt, William Holman Hunt
- (verb): Seek, search for.
Example: "She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them"
- (noun): The activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone.
Synonyms: search, hunting
- (noun): An association of huntsmen who hunt for sport.
Synonyms: hunt club
- (noun): United States architect (1827-1895).
Synonyms: Richard Morris Hunt
Famous quotes containing the word hunt:
“I guess a career in the police didnt really prepare you for this, did it?”
—Bob Hunt (b. 1951)
“To hunt tigers one must have a brothers help.”
“Many of our German friends before the war would come as our guest to hunt wild pig. I refused to invite Goering. I could not tolerate his killing a wild pig seemed too much like brother against brother.”
—Joseph L. Mankiewicz, U.S. director, screenwriter. Joseph L. Mankiewicz. Countess (Danielle Darrieux)