Some articles on hunt, hunts:
... In 1900, Hunt was appointed by President William McKinley to be the Secretary of Puerto Rico ... Hunt served as Governor of Puerto Rico for three years, from September 15, 1901 to July 4, 1904 ... During his governorship, Hunt signed numerous Executive Orders, including those that made Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day legal holidays in Puerto Rico ...
... Victoria Road 1945 BST (UTC+1) Taiwo 66' Report Henry 25' N Hunt 89' Attendance 2,360 Referee Andy Penn Second Round 26 August 2008 Reading 5–1 Luton Town Madejski ...
... the bison with the intention of supplementing his income with private bison hunts ... The island was opened for bison hunts beginning in 1896 ... the island until 1926 when the final "Big Buffalo Hunt" eliminated all but a few of the bison ...
... and stars John Mills, Bernard Miles, Finlay Currie, Jean Simmons, Martita Hunt, Alec Guinness and Valerie Hobson ... responsible for the adaptation) played Herbert Pocket and Martita Hunt was Miss Havisham, was written by David Lean, Anthony Havelock-Allan, Cecil McGivern, Ronald Neame and Kay ... Guinness and Hunt reprised their roles in the film, but the film was not a strict adaptation of the stage version ...
... A local architect, Sumner Hunt, was first hired to complete a design for the building, but Bradbury dismissed Hunt's plans as inadequate to the grandeur of his vision ... He then hired George Wyman, one of Hunt's draftsmen, to design the building ...
More definitions of "hunt":
- (noun): An association of huntsmen who hunt for sport.
Synonyms: hunt club
- (verb): Yaw back and forth about a flight path.
Example: "The plane's nose yawed"
- (noun): The activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone.
Synonyms: search, hunting
- (verb): Search (an area) for prey.
Example: "The King used to hunt these forests"
- (noun): United States architect (1827-1895).
Synonyms: Richard Morris Hunt
- (noun): British writer who defended the romanticism of Keats and Shelley (1784-1859).
Synonyms: Leigh Hunt, James Henry Leigh Hunt
- (noun): Englishman and Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910).
Synonyms: Holman Hunt, William Holman Hunt
- (noun): The pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport.
- (noun): An instance of searching for something.
Example: "The hunt for submarines"
- (noun): The work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts.
- (verb): Oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent.
Example: "The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency"
- (verb): Chase away, with as with force.
Example: "They hunted the the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood"
Famous quotes containing the word hunt:
“By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summers best of weather
And autumns best of cheer.”
—Helen Hunt Jackson (18301885)
“Without infringing on the liberty we so much boast, might we not ask our professional Mayor to call upon the smokers, have them register their names in each ward, and then appoint certain thoroughfares in the city for their use, that those who feel no need of this envelopment of curling vapor, to insure protection may be relieved from a nuisance as disgusting to the olfactories as it is prejudicial to the lungs.”
—Harriot K. Hunt (18051875)
“To hunt tigers one must have a brothers help.”