More definitions of "hatch":
- (verb): Inlay with narrow strips or lines of a different substance such as gold or silver, for the purpose of decorating.
- (noun): A movable barrier covering a hatchway.
- (noun): The production of young from an egg.
- (verb): Draw, cut, or engrave lines, usually parallel, on metal, wood, or paper.
Example: "Hatch the sheet"
- (verb): Emerge from the eggs.
Example: "Young birds, fish, and reptiles hatch"
Famous quotes containing the word hatch:
“He looked at Senator Hatch and said, Im going to make her cry. Im going to sing Dixie until she cries. And I looked at him and said, Senator Helms, your singing would make me cry if you sang Rock of Ages.”
—Carol Moseley-Braun (b. 1947)