More definitions of "great":
- (adj): Remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect.
Example: "A great crisis"; "had a great stake in the outcome"
- (adj): Of major significance or importance.
Example: "A great work of art"
- (adj): In an advanced stage of pregnancy.
Example: "Was great with child"
Synonyms: big, enceinte, expectant, gravid, large, heavy, with child
- (adj): Marked by active interest and enthusiasm.
Example: "A great walker"
Synonyms: avid, eager, zealous
- (adj): Very good.
Example: "Had a great time at the party"
Synonyms: bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, groovy, keen, neat, nifty, not bad, peachy, slap-up, swell, smashing
- (adj): Relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind.
Example: "A great juicy steak"; "a great multitude"; "the great auk"; "a great old oak"; "a great ocean liner"; "a great delay"