Some articles on fix:
... Lauren Fix co-hosts Talk 2 DIY Automotive on DIY, providing demonstrations and tips for auto repair ... Lauren Fix is a regular guest expert on CNBC On the Money, with Carmen Wong Ulrich ... editor for "Your Life.com magazine", and the author of Lauren Fix's Guide to Loving Your Car Everything You Need to Know to Take Charge of Your Car and Get On with Your Life ...
... of a car shop (Wolf Hudson) is in dire need of a good mechanic to fix a broken down car ... The boss gives her a shot if she can fix broken down vehicle that all the other mechanics haven't been able to fix ...
... A technological fix or technical fix refers to the attempt of using engineering or technology to solve a problem, whether it be an important one affecting many people or a ... The term technological fix is most appropriately applied when considering certain types of problems—ones involving both technology and a human societal dimension ... of solutions those involving an attitudinal fix ...
... Fix, an alternate name for maintenance, repair, and operations Fix (position), a position determined by navigation Fixed point combinator in mathematics Fix (bee ...
... Fix is her real last name ... Daughter is Shelby Fix, the Teen Car Coach, named after Carroll Shelby ... Husband, Paul Fix, is a professional Trans-Am Series driver ...
More definitions of "fix":
- (verb): Make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc.
Synonyms: prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- (verb): Set or place definitely.
Example: "Let's fix the date for the party!"
- (noun): Informal terms for a difficult situation.
Example: "He got into a terrible fix"
Synonyms: hole, jam, mess, muddle, pickle, kettle of fish
- (noun): Something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug.
Example: "She needed a fix of chocolate"
- (verb): Kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study.
- (noun): A determination of the location of something.
Example: "He got a good fix on the target"
Synonyms: localization, localisation, location, locating
- (noun): The act of putting something in working order again.
Synonyms: repair, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation
- (verb): Take vengeance on or get even.
Example: "That'll fix him good!"
Synonyms: pay back, pay off, get
- (verb): Put (something somewhere) firmly.
Example: "Fix your eyes on this spot"
Synonyms: situate, posit, deposit
- (verb): Make fixed, stable or stationary.
Example: "Let's fix the picture to the frame"
- (verb): Decide upon or fix definitely.
Example: "Fix the variables"
Synonyms: specify, set, determine, limit
- (verb): Prepare for eating by applying heat.
Example: "Fix breakfast for the guests, please"
Synonyms: cook, ready, make, prepare
- (noun): An exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to bear.
Example: "Collusion resulted in tax fixes for gamblers"
Famous quotes containing the word fix:
“While the State becomes inflated and hypertrophied in order to obtain a firm enough grip upon individuals, but without succeeding, the latter, without mutual relationships, tumble over one another like so many liquid molecules, encountering no central energy to retain, fix and organize them.”
—Emile Durkheim (18581917)
“Infant, it is enough in life
To speak of what you see. But wait
Until sight wakens the sleepy eye
And pierces the physical fix of things.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“So we must say Goodbye, my darling,
And go, as lovers go, for ever;
Tonight remains, to pack and fix on labels
And make an end of lying down together.”
—Alun Lewis (19151944)