Some articles on fix:
... Fix is her real last name ... Daughter is Shelby Fix, the Teen Car Coach, named after Carroll Shelby ... Husband, Paul Fix, is a professional Trans-Am Series driver ...
... Fix, an alternate name for maintenance, repair, and operations Fix (position), a position determined by navigation Fixed point combinator in mathematics Fix (beer), a Greek beer Federal ...
... Lauren Fix co-hosts Talk 2 DIY Automotive on DIY, providing demonstrations and tips for auto repair ... Lauren Fix is a regular guest expert on CNBC On the Money, with Carmen Wong Ulrich ... "Your Life.com magazine", and the author of Lauren Fix's Guide to Loving Your Car Everything You Need to Know to Take Charge of Your Car and Get On with Your Life, her 3rd book from St ...
... The boss of a car shop (Wolf Hudson) is in dire need of a good mechanic to fix a broken down car ... The boss gives her a shot if she can fix broken down vehicle that all the other mechanics haven't been able to fix ...
... A technological fix or technical fix refers to the attempt of using engineering or technology to solve a problem, whether it be an important one affecting many people or a ... The term technological fix is most appropriately applied when considering certain types of problems—ones involving both technology and a human societal dimension ... solutions those involving an attitudinal fix ...
More definitions of "fix":
- (verb): Set or place definitely.
Example: "Let's fix the date for the party!"
- (noun): An exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to bear.
Example: "Collusion resulted in tax fixes for gamblers"
- (noun): The act of putting something in working order again.
Synonyms: repair, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation
- (verb): Make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc.
Synonyms: prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- (verb): Make fixed, stable or stationary.
Example: "Let's fix the picture to the frame"
- (verb): Kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study.
- (noun): Informal terms for a difficult situation.
Example: "He got into a terrible fix"
Synonyms: hole, jam, mess, muddle, pickle, kettle of fish
- (verb): Prepare for eating by applying heat.
Example: "Fix breakfast for the guests, please"
Synonyms: cook, ready, make, prepare
- (verb): Put (something somewhere) firmly.
Example: "Fix your eyes on this spot"
Synonyms: situate, posit, deposit
- (verb): Decide upon or fix definitely.
Example: "Fix the variables"
Synonyms: specify, set, determine, limit
- (noun): Something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug.
Example: "She needed a fix of chocolate"
- (noun): A determination of the location of something.
Example: "He got a good fix on the target"
Synonyms: localization, localisation, location, locating
Famous quotes containing the word fix:
“So we must say Goodbye, my darling,
And go, as lovers go, for ever;
Tonight remains, to pack and fix on labels
And make an end of lying down together.”
—Alun Lewis (19151944)
“[F]or as Socrates says that a wise man is a citizen of the world, so I thought that a wise woman was equally at liberty to range through every station or degree of men, to fix her choice wherever she pleased.”
—Sarah Fielding (17101768)
“They are not Gods
though they would like to be;
they are only a human
trying to fix up a human.”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)