More definitions of "do":
- (noun): Doctor's degree in osteopathy.
Synonyms: Doctor of Osteopathy
- (verb): Spend time in prison or in a labor camp.
- (verb): Get (something) done.
- (verb): Be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity.
Example: "Will $100 do?"
Synonyms: suffice, answer, serve
- (verb): Travel or traverse (a distance).
Example: "This car does 150 miles per hour"; "We did 6 miles on our hike every day"
- (verb): Create or design, often in a certain way.
Example: "Do my room in blue"
- (verb): Behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself.
Example: "What makes her do this way?"
Synonyms: act, behave
- (verb): Carry on or manage.
Example: "We could do with a little more help around here"
- (verb): Engage in.
Example: "Do research"; "do nothing"