Die usually refers to the cessation of life.
Read more about Die.
Some articles on die:
... Die and punch sets can be used for thicker materials or materials that require large holes this process is the most common for metalworking ... (either by machine or hand tool) the punch through the workpiece and into the die ... The punch and die are shaped to produce the desired shaped hole ...
... of apprenticeship in the provinces, he made his debut in 1770 at the Comédie-Française in Merope and Zenaide he was received socitaire in 1772 ... with ardour, and joined the theatre in the rue Richelieu (the rival of the Comédie-Française), which, under Talma, with Dugazon, his sister Mme Vestris, Grandmesnil (1737-1816) and ... Monvel returned to the reconstituted Comédie-Française with all his old companions, but retired in 1807 ...
... The Birth of Tragedy from the Spirit of Music (German Die Geburt der Tragödie aus dem Geiste der Musik) is an 1872 work of dramatic theory by the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche ...
... Die, Drôme, a town in France, best known for its Clairette de Die DIE, German Development Institute DiE, pedagogical method Drama in Education Die (musician), Japanese musician, guitarist of the band Dir en grey Die ... DJ Die, British DJ and musician with Reprazent D.I.E ... a Hong Kong TVB show DIES, the name of the solo project of Josh Dies, lead singer of Showbread Duplication is evil, programming motto ...
1894 Die Krautpflückerin (The Herb Plucker) 1908 Sitzendes Weib (Sitting Woman), Nürnberg 1914 Der Rächer (The Avenger) 1917 Der tote Tag (The Dead Day, play ...
More definitions of "die":
- (verb): Suffer or face the pain of death.
Example: "Martyrs may die every day for their faith"
- (verb): Stop operating or functioning.
Synonyms: fail, go bad, give way, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- (verb): Pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life.
Synonyms: decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass
- (noun): Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces; used to generate random numbers.
- (verb): Disappear or come to an end.
Example: "Their anger died"; "My secret will die with me!"
- (verb): Suffer spiritual death; be damned (in the religious sense).
Example: "Whosoever..believes in me shall never die"
- (verb): Cut or shape with a die.
Example: "Die out leather for belts"
Synonyms: die out
- (verb): Feel indifferent towards.
Example: "She died to worldly things and eventually entered a monastery"
- (verb): To be on base at the end of an inning, of a player.
- (verb): Languish as with love or desire.
Example: "She dying for a cigarette"; "I was dying to leave"
- (verb): Be brought to or as if to the point of death by an intense emotion such as embarrassment, amusement, or shame.
Example: "I was dying with embarrassment when my little lie was discovered"; "We almost died laughing during the show"
- (noun): A device used for shaping metal.
- (noun): A cutting tool that is fitted into a diestock and used for cutting male (external) screw threads on screws or bolts or pipes or rods.
Famous quotes containing the word die:
“All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.”
—John Arbuthnot (16671735)
“Oh, the fighting races dont die out,
If they seldom die in bed,
For love is first in their hearts, no doubt,”
—Joseph I. C. Clarke (18461925)
“You ever gentle gods, take my breath from me;
Let not my worser spirit tempt me again
To die before you please!”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)