More definitions of "creation":
- (noun): The human act of creating.
Synonyms: creative activity
- (noun): The event that occurred at the beginning of something.
Example: "From its creation the plan was doomed to failure"
- (noun): The act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new.
Synonyms: initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, innovation, introduction, instauration
- (noun): (theology) God's act of bringing the universe into existence.
- (noun): An artifact that has been brought into existence by someone.
Famous quotes containing the word creation:
“Books choose their authors; the act of creation is not entirely a rational and conscious one.”
—Salman Rushdie (b. 1947)
“Without culture, and the relative freedom it implies, society, even when perfect, is but a jungle. This is why any authentic creation is a gift to the future.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)
“The human spirit is itself the most wonderful fairy tale that can possibly be. What a magnificent world lies enclosed within our bosoms! No solar orbit hems it in, the inexhaustible wealth of the total visible creation is outweighed by its riches!”
—E.T.A.W. (Ernst Theodor Amadeus Wilhelm)