More definitions of "creation":
- (noun): The act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new.
Synonyms: initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, innovation, introduction, instauration
- (noun): (theology) God's act of bringing the universe into existence.
- (noun): The human act of creating.
Synonyms: creative activity
- (noun): An artifact that has been brought into existence by someone.
- (noun): The event that occurred at the beginning of something.
Example: "From its creation the plan was doomed to failure"
Famous quotes containing the word creation:
“She sings as the moon sings:
I am I, am I;
The greater grows my lift
The further that I fly.
All creation shivers
With that sweet cry.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“There have been heroes for whom this world seemed expressly prepared, as if creation had at last succeeded; whose daily life was the stuff of which our dreams are made, and whose presence enhanced the beauty and ampleness of Nature herself.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Without culture, and the relative freedom it implies, society, even when perfect, is but a jungle. This is why any authentic creation is a gift to the future.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)