Some articles on crack:
... The fatigue crack was a high-cycle, low-stress type which propagated over a long period of time ... The crack initiated because of a combination of the following factors Metal hardness below specifications associated with a banded microstructure ... It is believed that the crack was present at the last magnaglo inspection of the part, and it is not known why it was not detected ...
... Crack cocaine is the freebase form of cocaine that can be smoked ... may also be termed rock, work, hard, iron, cavvy, base, or just crack it is said to be the most addictive form of cocaine, although this has been contested ... Crack rocks offer a short but intense high to smokers ...
... Crack a Bottle" initially gained attention in December 2008, when an unfinished version of the song was initially leaked under the name "Number One" on the mixtape ... owner of Interscope Records, later denied this, stating that "Crack a Bottle" was only a promotional recording ... Despite the confusion, Universal eventually announced that "Crack a Bottle" will be included in Relapse, although it does not consider it the album's first ...
... Crack (economics), the value difference between crude oil and oil products or between different oil products, usually expressed as a per-barrel value CRACK, an acronym for 'Children ...
... Digital download "Crack a Bottle" - 514 Promotional CD single "Crack A Bottle" (Edited) - 517 "Crack A Bottle" (Clean Radio Edit) - 437 "Crack A Bottle" (Instrumental) - 517 "Crack A Bottle" (Explicit ...
More definitions of "crack":
- (verb): Pass through (a barrier).
Synonyms: break through
- (noun): A narrow opening.
Example: "He opened the window a crack"
- (verb): Break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension.
- (noun): A blemish resulting from a break without complete separation of the parts.
Example: "There was a crack in the mirror"
- (verb): Tell spontaneously.
Example: "Crack a joke"
- (noun): A chance to do something.
- (verb): Hit forcefully; deal a hard blow, making a cracking noise.
Example: "The teacher cracked him across the face with a ruler"
- (verb): Break partially but keep its integrity.
Example: "The glass cracked"
- (noun): A usually brief attempt.
Example: "He took a crack at it"
Synonyms: fling, go, pass, whirl, offer
- (verb): Make a sharp sound.
- (verb): Reduce (petroleum) to a simpler compound by cracking.
- (adj): Of the highest quality.
Example: "A crack shot"
Synonyms: ace, A-one, first-rate, super, tiptop, topnotch, tops
- (verb): Cause to become cracked.
Example: "Heat and light cracked the back of the leather chair"
- (verb): Break into simpler molecules by means of heat.
Example: "The petroleum cracked"
- (noun): A purified and potent form of cocaine that is smoked rather than snorted.
Famous quotes containing the word crack:
“You crash over the trees,
you crack the live branch.”
—Hilda Doolittle (18861961)
“And within the house
ashes are being stuffed into my marriage,
fury is lapping the walls,
dishes crack on the shelves,
a strangler needs my throat,
the daughter has ceased to eat anything....”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)
“You must be wise, in order to sniff out and weigh these mighty books, and swift in the hunt and brave in the battle; then, by careful reading and frequent reflection, crack open the bone and suck out the substantific marrow.”
—François Rabelais (14941553)