Some articles on crack:
... Crack cocaine is the freebase form of cocaine that can be smoked ... It may also be termed rock, work, hard, iron, cavvy, base, or just crack it is said to be the most addictive form of cocaine, although this has been contested ... Crack rocks offer a short but intense high to smokers ...
... The fatigue crack was a high-cycle, low-stress type which propagated over a long period of time ... The crack initiated because of a combination of the following factors Metal hardness below specifications associated with a banded microstructure ... It is believed that the crack was present at the last magnaglo inspection of the part, and it is not known why it was not detected ...
... Digital download "Crack a Bottle" - 514 Promotional CD single "Crack A Bottle" (Edited) - 517 "Crack A Bottle" (Clean Radio Edit) - 437 "Crack A Bottle" (Instrumental) - 517 "Crack A Bottle" (Explicit ...
... Crack (economics), the value difference between crude oil and oil products or between different oil products, usually expressed as a per-barrel value CRACK, an acronym for 'Chil ...
... Crack a Bottle" initially gained attention in December 2008, when an unfinished version of the song was initially leaked under the name "Number One ... Interscope Records, later denied this, stating that "Crack a Bottle" was only a promotional recording ... Despite the confusion, Universal eventually announced that "Crack a Bottle" will be included in Relapse, although it does not consider it the album's first single ...
More definitions of "crack":
- (verb): Break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension.
- (noun): A purified and potent form of cocaine that is smoked rather than snorted.
- (verb): Hit forcefully; deal a hard blow, making a cracking noise.
Example: "The teacher cracked him across the face with a ruler"
- (noun): A usually brief attempt.
Example: "He took a crack at it"
Synonyms: fling, go, pass, whirl, offer
- (verb): Tell spontaneously.
Example: "Crack a joke"
- (verb): Pass through (a barrier).
Synonyms: break through
- (verb): Reduce (petroleum) to a simpler compound by cracking.
- (noun): A narrow opening.
Example: "He opened the window a crack"
- (verb): Break into simpler molecules by means of heat.
Example: "The petroleum cracked"
- (adj): Of the highest quality.
Example: "A crack shot"
Synonyms: ace, A-one, first-rate, super, tiptop, topnotch, tops
- (verb): Break partially but keep its integrity.
Example: "The glass cracked"
- (verb): Make a sharp sound.
- (noun): A chance to do something.
- (verb): Cause to become cracked.
Example: "Heat and light cracked the back of the leather chair"
- (noun): A blemish resulting from a break without complete separation of the parts.
Example: "There was a crack in the mirror"
- (verb): Make a very sharp explosive sound.
Example: "His gun cracked"
Famous quotes containing the word crack:
“Spread outward. Crack the round dome. Break through.
Have liberty not as the air within a grave
Or down a well. Breathe freedom, oh, my native,
In the space of horizons that neither love nor hate.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“You must be wise, in order to sniff out and weigh these mighty books, and swift in the hunt and brave in the battle; then, by careful reading and frequent reflection, crack open the bone and suck out the substantific marrow.”
—François Rabelais (14941553)
“You waves, though you dance by my feet like children at play,
Though you glow and you glance, though you purr and you dart;
In the Junes that were warmer than these are, the waves were more gay,
When I was a boy with never a crack in my heart.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)