Some articles on core:
... codenamed Yonah, was released under the Intel Core brand, as Core Duo and Core Solo ...
... standard Amiga hardware and many of the core components of AmigaOS ... Kickstart contains many core parts of the Amiga's operating system, such as Exec, Intuition, the core of AmigaDOS and functionality to initialize Autoconfig ... a number of diagnostic and system checks and then initializes the Amiga chipset and some core OS components ...
... The Core is a 2003 American disaster film ... in order to restart the rotation of Earth's core ...
... Core, West Virginia The single seed in the center of a cherry, peach, plum, olive, avocado or other fruit Core, San Diego, California, a neighborhood in the United States Core, the working name of the ...
... RTLinux is structured as a small core component and a set of optional components ... The core component permits installation of very low latency interrupt handlers that cannot be delayed or preempted by Linux itself and some low level synchronization and interrupt control routines ... This core component has been extended to support SMP and at the same time it has been simplified by removing some functionality that can be provided ...
More definitions of "core":
- (noun): The chamber of a nuclear reactor containing the fissile material where the reaction takes place.
- (noun): An organization founded by James Leonard Farmer in 1942 to work for racial equality.
Synonyms: Congress of Racial Equality
- (noun): A cylindrical sample of soil or rock obtained with a hollow drill.
- (noun): The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience.
Synonyms: kernel, substance, center, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
- (noun): A small group of indispensable persons or things.
Example: "Five periodicals make up the core of their publishing program"
Synonyms: nucleus, core group
- (noun): A bar of magnetic material (as soft iron) that passes through a coil and serves to increase the inductance of the coil.
- (noun): The central part of the Earth.
- (verb): Remove the core or center from.
Example: "Core an apple"
Famous quotes containing the word core:
“For books are more than books, they are the life
The very heart and core of ages past,
The reason why men lived and worked and died,
The essence and quintessence of their lives.”
—Amy Lowell (18741925)
“Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of todaybut the core of science fiction, its essence ... has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.”
—Isaac Asimov (19201992)