Some articles on colour, colours:
... Contrary to the yellow colour of Juiced Tropical, Juiced Berry has a dark red/purple colour, and its can is the same colour ...
1 July – The first scheduled colour television broadcasts from six transmitters covering the main population centres in England began on BBC2 for certain programmes, the ... A full colour service (other than news programmes) began on BBC2 on 2 December ... The matches are also the first to be broadcast in colour ...
... Smooth Collies come in four colours sable (Lassie's colour can be light gold to deep mahogany) tricolour (black, with tan and white markings) and blue merle (silvery gray marbled with black ... An additional colour is white (these Collies are predominantly white, with heads and usually a body spot of sable, tri, or blue colour) ... The fourth colour is sable merle, which is a light stippled version of sable, sometimes (as with blue merle) accompanied by blue or merled (parti-coloured) eyes ...
... The first responds the most to light of long wavelengths, peaking at a reddish colour this type is sometimes designated L for long ... The third type responds the most to short-wavelength light, of a bluish colour, and is designated S for short ... types allows the brain to perceive all possible colours, through the opponent process of colour vision ...
... There are many named cultivars, selected for variation in flower colour and for different foliage colour and growing habits ... Different cultivars have flower colours ranging from white, through pink and a wide range of purples, and including reds ... are usually selected for reddish and golden leaf colour ...
More definitions of "colour":
- (adj): Having or capable of producing colors.
- (noun): A visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect.
Synonyms: color, coloring, colouring
- (noun): A race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks).
Synonyms: color, people of color, people of colour
- (noun): (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction; each flavor of quarks comes in three colors.
- (verb): Modify or bias.
- (noun): The appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation.
- (noun): An outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading.
Synonyms: semblance, gloss, color
Famous quotes containing the word colour:
“The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love colour the most.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)
“O Paddy dear, an did ye hear the news thats goin round?
The shamrock is by law forbid to grow on Irish ground!
No more Saint Patricks Day well keep, his colour cant be seen,
For theres a cruel law agin the wearin o the Green!”
—Unknown. The Wearing of the Green (l. 3740)
“The poet is the supreme artist, for he is the master of colour and of form, and the real musician besides, and is lord over all life and all arts.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)