Some articles on board:
... The board of trustees of the university is the Vereniging VU-Windesheim, which also manages Windesheim University of Applied Sciences (Dutch Christelijke ... The university is run by an executive board which makes decisions in consultation with the Board of Deans ...
... Proponents believe an independent board will give the university more autonomy, and free it from relying on inadequate state funding ... Additionally, it is believed that an independent board will help pave the way for a new $1.6 billion dollar endowment ...
... a bidder makes an offer for another company, it usually first informs the company's board of directors ... In an ideal world, if the board feels that accepting the offer serves the shareholders better than rejecting it, it recommends the offer be accepted by the ... In a private company, because the shareholders and the board are usually the same people or closely connected with one another, private acquisitions are usually friendly ...
... A heelflip is the opposite of a kickflip, the board spins toe-side (towards the toes) ... a regular skater (left foot in front) the board spins clockwise from the perspective of one behind the skater ... rider's toe side (diagonal), so that the last part of the foot to leave the board is the heel, hence the name ...
... Double Heelflip, where the board flips twice before being caught ... Triple Heelflip, where the board flips three times before being caught ... where the skater's body does a 180 turn while the board only does a heelflip ...
More definitions of "board":
- (noun): A committee having supervisory powers.
Example: "The board has seven members"
- (noun): A printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities.
Synonyms: circuit board, circuit card, card
- (verb): Lodge and take meals (at).
- (noun): Food or meals in general.
Example: "Room and board"
- (noun): A flat piece of material designed for a special purpose.
Example: "He nailed boards across the windows"
- (noun): Electrical device consisting of an insulated panel containing switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices.
Example: "Suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
Synonyms: control panel, instrument panel, control board, panel
- (noun): A table at which meals are served.
Example: "A feast was spread upon the board"
Synonyms: dining table
- (noun): A stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes.
- (noun): A board on which information can be displayed to public view.
Synonyms: display panel, display board
- (verb): Get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.).
Synonyms: get on
- (verb): Provide food and lodging (for).
Example: "The old lady is boarding three men"
- (noun): A flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games.
Example: "He got out the board and set up the pieces"
Famous quotes containing the word board:
“She hears me strike the board and say
That she is under ban
Of all good men and women,
Being mentioned with a man
That has the worst of all bad names.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“As a man-of-war that sails through the sea, so this earth that sails through the air. We mortals are all on board a fast-sailing, never-sinking world-frigate, of which God was the shipwright; and she is but one craft in a Milky-Way fleet, of which God is the Lord High Admiral.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“Dont tell me what delusion he entertains regarding God, or what mountebank he follows in politics, or what he springs from, or what he submits to from his wife. Simply tell me how he makes his living. It is the safest and surest of all known tests. A man who gets his board and lodging on this ball in an ignominious way is inevitably an ignominious man.”
—H.L. (Henry Lewis)