Wet may refer to:
- The condition of being liquid or being covered in liquid
- Adequately wet, environmental term referring to asbestos-containing material that is sufficiently mixed or penetrated with liquid to prevent the release of particulates
- Wet nanotechnology, a nanotechnology procedure involving water
- Wat (food), also called wet, a type of stew in Ethiopian and Eritrean cuisine
- Wet (magazine), a magazine about "gourmet bathing" from the late 1970s
- Wet: The Sexy Empire, a 1998 business simulation game
- Wet (video game), a 2009 video game
- Wet Lubricants, a brand of personal lubricants produced by Trigg Laboratories in Valencia, CA
- Phencyclidine (PCP), a dissociative anesthetic
- Wet Willie, an American band from Mobile, Alabama, U.S., best known for their hit "Keep On Smilin'"
- Wet Bow-tie
- Wet T-shirt contest, an exhibitionistic beauty contest that typically features young women performing at a nightclub, bar, or resort
- All wet, an American slang term from the 1920s depicting either an incorrect idea or an incorrect person
- audio processed with reverb and delay
WET may stand for:
- Western European Time, also known as Greenwich Mean Time, the time zone used in the UK, Ireland, and Portugal, among other countries
- Weightless Environmental Test, testing of space technology and procedures under simulated weightlessness. This is normally achieved in water pools with neutral buoyancy models
- WET Design, the company that created the Fountains of Bellagio
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, a 2003 video game
- Wuest Expanded Translation, a 1961 translation of the New Testament by Kenneth Wuest
- WET Web Tester, an automated web testing tool
Other articles related to "wet":
... the general public with early recordings of future stars such as Wet Wet Wet, Deacon Blue and Hue and Cry, as well as a monologue by Bing Hitler (aka Craig Ferguson) ...
... Placing Benny Martell Relight My Fire (Dan Hartman) Love Is All Around (Wet Wet Wet) 16.91% (4/4) Elli Erl Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes) Trouble (Pink) 17.63% (3/4) Phillippe Bühler Walking Away (Lenny Kravitz ...
... A Little Time" (NOW 18) Oasis - "Wonderwall" (NOW 34) Natalie Imbruglia - "Torn" (NOW 39) Wet Wet Wet - "Love Is All Around" (NOW 28) Tina Turner - "The Best" (NOW 16) Belinda Carlisle - "Heav ...
... of alcoholic beverages is prohibited) and a "wet county" (where alcohol is sold) ... but has limitations on alcohol sales that a normal "wet" county would not have ... in other counties, but do not wish to become completely "wet." The term in itself does not have any specific meaning, just that the county is not ...
... Wet Mountains, a mountain range in southern Colorado Wet Moor, a biological Site of Special Scientific Interest east of Muchelney in Somerset Wet Andes, a climatic and glaciological ...
Famous quotes containing the word wet:
“A crazy man that found a cup,
When all but dead of thirst,
Hardly dared to wet his mouth
That another mouthful
And his beating heart would burst.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“I have a vocabulary all my own. I pass the time when it is wet and disagreeable. When it is fine I do not wish to pass it; I ruminate it and hold on to it. We should hasten over the bad, and settle upon the good.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“What would the world be, once bereft
Of wet and of wildness? Let them be left,
O let them be left, wildness and wet;
Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.”
—Gerard Manley Hopkins (18441889)