Honours and Awards
- Donald Reid Medal – in 2006 Beral was recognised by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine for her ground-breaking work in cancer epidemiology and women’s health, most notably through the Million Women study, as well as her earlier contributions to the School.
- Honorary Fellow, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2000.
- Honorary MD, University of Aberdeen, 2005
- Honorary Fellow, Faculty of Public Health Medicine, University of Aberdeen, 2000.
- Fellow of the Royal Society – for scientific contributions to epidemiology.
- Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) in the 2010 New Year Honours.
- Companion of the Order of Australia in the 2010 Queen's Birthday Honours List "for eminent service to medicine and women's health through significant advances in cancer research and epidemiology, through seminal contributions to public health policy and as a mentor to young scientists."
Read more about this topic: Val Beral
Other articles related to "honours, award, awards, honours and awards":
... Undergraduate studies can be in the form of either single honours or combined honours degrees, most of which are available for study on either a full-time or part-time basis ... With a combined honours degree, a student may choose to study two different subjects in one of two ways Major/Minor combinations, where the student spends two-thirds of their time ... The award would be for example, BA (Hons) History with English Literature Joint combinations where two subjects are studied equally ...
... In 1963, Richardson won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival for Long Day's Journey into Night ... He won the BAFTA Award for Best British Actor for The Sound Barrier (1952), and was nominated on another three occasions (his last being for Greystoke The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of ... The Heiress and Greystoke, as well as New York Film Critics Circle and National Board of Review Awards for "Best Actor" for The Sound Barrier and another NYFCC Award for "Best Supporting Actor" for Greystoke ...
... In the Queen's Birthday Honours of 1971, he was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) ... In the Australia Day Honours of 1979, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) ...
... of Australian citizens for Australian honours ... Non-Australians can be given honorary awards for "extraordinary service to Australia or humanity at large" ... Nomination forms for the Order of Australia are available through the Australian Honours Secretariat website, or upon application to the Honours Secretariat at Government House ...
... See also List of honours of the Luxembourgish Grand-Ducal Family by country. ...
Famous quotes containing the word honours:
“Come hither, all ye empty things,
Ye bubbles raisd by breath of Kings;
Who float upon the tide of state,
Come hither, and behold your fate.
Let pride be taught by this rebuke,
How very mean a things a Duke;
From all his ill-got honours flung,
Turnd to that dirt from whence he sprung.”
—Jonathan Swift (16671745)