Science and Technology
- GNU Units, a software program for unit conversion
- Units of measurement, a standardized quantity of measurement of a physical quantity
- Enzyme unit
- Unit operation, a basic step in a chemical plant process
- Functional unit, a component of a computer system such as the CPU
- Unit of blood, a measurement in blood transfusion equal to one pint or 450 ml
- Unit of alcohol, 10 millilitres of pure ethanol in the United Kingdom
- Rack unit, a measure to describe the height of rack-mounted computer equipment
- Geological unit or rock unit, a volume of identifiable rock or ice
- In statistics:
- Unit of observation, a type of entity (e.g. person, house, neighborhood) specifying the level at which data is collected
- Unit of analysis, a type of entity (e.g. person, house, neighborhood) specifying the level at which data is analyzed
- Statistical unit, a single data point, or collection of data points grouped as a single entity, on which statistical analysis is performed
Read more about this topic: Unit
Other articles related to "science, science and technology, science and, technology":
... The National Science Board established the Vannevar Bush Award (/væˈniːvər/ van-NEE-vər) in 1980 to honor Dr ... The annual award recognizes an individual who, through public service activities in science and technology, has made an outstanding "contribution ... and the force behind the establishment of the National Science Foundation ...
... June 28, 1974) was an American engineer, inventor and science administrator known for his work on analog computers, for his role as an initiator and administrator of the Manhattan Project ... American scientists in the application of science to warfare ... he was in effect the first presidential science advisor ...
... establish what would eventually become the World Academy of Art and Science in 1960 ... of 1955, nor, though invited, did he attend the first Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs in 1957 ... power of knowledge in a world in which the freedom of science to exchange ideas was more and more hobbled by political concerns ...
... in library and information science Charles Elachi, M.S. 1955 – physicist former president, California Institute of Technology Anna Lee Fisher, B.S ... pesticide residue chemistry, Advisory to the Food and Drug Administration, National Science Foundation, the National Research Foundation, and the Ford Foundation David Ho ...
... See also Politicization of science Many issues damage the relationship of science to the media and the use of science and scientific arguments by ... or think tank makes it their only goal to cast doubt on supported science because it conflicts with political agendas ...
Famous quotes containing the words technology and/or science:
“Radio put technology into storytelling and made it sick. TV killed it. Then you were locked into somebody elses sighting of that story. You no longer had the benefit of making that picture for yourself, using your imagination. Storytelling brings back that humanness that we have lost with TV. You talk to children and they dont hear you. They are television addicts. Mamas bring them home from the hospital and drag them up in front of the set and the great stare-out begins.”
—Jackie Torrence (b. 1944)
“One science only will one genius fit;
So vast is art, so narrow human wit.”
—Alexander Pope (16881744)