Science and Technology
- GNU Units, a software program for unit conversion
- Units of measurement, a standardized quantity of measurement of a physical quantity
- Enzyme unit
- Unit operation, a basic step in a chemical plant process
- Functional unit, a component of a computer system such as the CPU
- Unit of blood, a measurement in blood transfusion equal to one pint or 450 ml
- Unit of alcohol, 10 millilitres of pure ethanol in the United Kingdom
- Rack unit, a measure to describe the height of rack-mounted computer equipment
- Geological unit or rock unit, a volume of identifiable rock or ice
- In statistics:
- Unit of observation, a type of entity (e.g. person, house, neighborhood) specifying the level at which data is collected
- Unit of analysis, a type of entity (e.g. person, house, neighborhood) specifying the level at which data is analyzed
- Statistical unit, a single data point, or collection of data points grouped as a single entity, on which statistical analysis is performed
Read more about this topic: Unit
Other articles related to "science, science and technology, technology, science and":
... March 11, 1890 – June 28, 1974) was an American engineer, inventor and science administrator known for his work on analog computers, for his role as an ... coordinated the activities of some six thousand leading American scientists in the application of science to warfare ... he was in effect the first presidential science advisor ...
... in library and information science Charles Elachi, M.S. 1955 – physicist former president, California Institute of Technology Anna Lee Fisher, B.S ... of pesticide residue chemistry, Advisory to the Food and Drug Administration, National Science Foundation, the National Research Foundation, and the Ford Foundation David Ho ...
... See also Politicization of science Many issues damage the relationship of science to the media and the use of science and scientific arguments by politicians ... their only goal to cast doubt on supported science because it conflicts with political agendas ...
... The National Science Board established the Vannevar Bush Award (/væˈniːvər/ van-NEE-vər) in 1980 to honor Dr ... recognizes an individual who, through public service activities in science and technology, has made an outstanding "contribution toward the welfare of mankind and the Nation ... and the force behind the establishment of the National Science Foundation ...
... scientists and academics to establish what would eventually become the World Academy of Art and Science in 1960 ... did he attend the first Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs in 1957 ... managing the power of knowledge in a world in which the freedom of science to exchange ideas was more and more hobbled by political concerns ...
Famous quotes containing the words science and, technology and/or science:
“Today the function of the artist is to bring imagination to science and science to imagination, where they meet, in the myth.”
—Cyril Connolly (19031974)
“If we had a reliable way to label our toys good and bad, it would be easy to regulate technology wisely. But we can rarely see far enough ahead to know which road leads to damnation. Whoever concerns himself with big technology, either to push it forward or to stop it, is gambling in human lives.”
—Freeman Dyson (b. 1923)
“What is done for science must also be done for art: accepting undesirable side effects for the sake of the main goal, and moreover diminishing their importance by making this main goal more magnificent. For one should reform forward, not backward: social illnesses, revolutions, are evolutions inhibited by a conserving stupidity.”
—Robert Musil (18801942)