Versions With Bonnie Tyler or Jim Steinman Involvement
|This section needs additional citations for verification.|
- In December 2003, a re-recorded French/English duet version called "Si demain... (Turn Around)" was released. It was sung by Bonnie Tyler and Kareen Antonn and peaked at #1 in France, Belgium and Poland.
- Tori Amos has added the song to the popular repertoire of cover songs she performs in concert. A live version appears on the recording made at Boston's B of A Pavilion on August 21, 2005, part of Amos' "Original Bootlegs" collection.
- Westlife recorded a cover of the song on their 2006 album The Love Album. The song would have been released as the album's second single but was cancelled due to their Love Tour conflicts, though a promo release still reached #5 on the radio charts in the Philippines. Three official remixes have been made for their version as well as a remix done by Jim Steinman, which was ultimately rejected by the record label but has surfaced on the Internet.
- The song was rewritten in 1997 with lyrics by Michael Kunze as "Totale Finsternis" for the musical Tanz der Vampire.
- BabyPinkStar recorded the song with Bonnie Tyler in a punk/electronic remix version that was released in the UK in January 2007.
- In preparation for the 2002 Broadway, New York show Dance of the Vampires, a demo of the song, with some modifications in the music and lyric, sung as a duet by Steve Barton and Elaine Caswell became available on the internet. Barton and Cornelia Zenz had sung the German-language song "Totale Finsternis" on the original cast album for Tanz der Vampire. For each cast that performed Tanz der Vampire and each cast recording, in any language, the actors cast as Krolock and Sarah sang "Totale Finsternis." A bootleg recording with Michael Crawford and Mandy Gonzalez from the original Broadway cast is also available.
- Bonnie Tyler released a new version of the song with Welsh choral group Only Men Aloud! backing her.
- In 2010, Tyler appeared in a television advertisement for MasterCard called "Neville" singing a parody of "Total Eclipse of the Heart".
Read more about this topic: Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Famous quotes containing the words involvement, jim, versions, bonnie and/or tyler:
“Juggling produces both practical and psychological benefits.... A womans involvement in one role can enhance her functioning in another. Being a wife can make it easier to work outside the home. Being a mother can facilitate the activities and foster the skills of the efficient wife or of the effective worker. And employment outside the home can contribute in substantial, practical ways to how one works within the home, as a spouse and as a parent.”
—Faye J. Crosby (20th century)
“Just kids! Thats about the craziest argument Ive ever heard. Every criminal in the world was a kid once. What does it prove?”
—Theodore Simonson. Irvin S. Yeaworth, Jr.. Jim Bird, The Blob, responding to the suggestion that they not lock up the teens pulling the alien prank, (1958)
“The assumption must be that those who can see value only in tradition, or versions of it, deny mans ability to adapt to changing circumstances.”
—Stephen Bayley (b. 1951)
“Bonnie George Campbell rode out on a day.
He saddled, he bridled, and gallant rode he,
And hame cam his guid horse, but never cam he.”
—Unknown. Bonnie George Campbell (l. 24)
“I expect that any day now, I will have said all I have to say; Ill have used up all my characters, and then Ill be free to get on with my real life.”
—Anne Tyler (b. 1941)