- På Jakt efter Paradiset (Hunt for Paradise), 1938
- The Kon-Tiki Expedition: By Raft Across the South Seas (Kon-Tiki ekspedisjonen, also known as Kon-Tiki: Across the Pacific in a Raft), 1948
- American Indians in the Pacific: The Theory Behind the Kon-Tiki Expedition (Chicago: Rand McNally, 1952), 821 pages.
- Aku-Aku: The Secret of Easter Island ISBN 0-14-001454-3
- Sea Routes to Polynesia (Chicago: Rand McNally, 1968), 232 pages.
- The Ra Expeditions ISBN 0-14-003462-5
- Fatu-Hiva: Back to Nature (1974)
- Early Man and the Ocean: The Beginning of Navigation and Seaborn Civilizations
- The Tigris Expedition: In Search of Our Beginnings
- The Maldive Mystery
- Green Was the Earth on the Seventh Day: Memories and Journeys of a Lifetime
- Pyramids of Tucume: The Quest for Peru's Forgotten City
- In the Footsteps of Adam: A Memoir (the official edition is Abacus, 2001, translated by Ingrid Christophersen) ISBN 0-349-11273-8
- Ingen grenser (Theories about Odin, Norwegian only), 1999
- Jakten på Odin (Theories about Odin, Norwegian only), 2001
Read more about this topic: Thor Heyerdahl
Other articles related to "books, book":
1949) is a Flemish comedian, singer, guitarist, author of comic books and actor ... In 1984, Urbanus and Willy Linthout began writing comic books with an adolescent version of Urbanus himself as the main character ... As of 2007, more than 121 such comic books have been published ...
... has published several series of books derived from its content ... Most recently it has compiled seven books of selected questions and answers from the Last Word section of the magazine and the Last Word website ... Penguins Feet Freeze? is largely a repackaging of selected material from the first two books, following the unexpected mass-market success of Does ...
... The book series does not chronicle any one particular timeframe ... Some of the books focus on characters who, in other volumes, are historical figures (e.g ... Typically, those books are set before the founding of Redwall Abbey ...
... Back in England, Gosse wrote books in his field and out ... Gosse penned a succession of books and articles on natural history, some of which were (in his own words) "pot-boilers" for religious publications ... scientific draughtsman who was able to illustrate his books himself." Suffering from headaches, perhaps the result of overwork, Gosse and his family began to spend more time away from London on the Devon ...
... is a list of science fiction and fantasy artists, 20th and 21st century artists who have created book covers or interior illustrations for books, or who have published their own books or ... Artists known exclusively for their work in comic books are not included ...
Famous quotes containing the word books:
“Be a little careful of your Library. Do you foresee what you will do with it? Very little to be sure. But the real question is, What it will do with you? You will come here & get books that will open your eyes, & your ears, & your curiosity, & turn you inside out or outside in.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“I always was of opinion that the placing a youth to study with an attorney was rather a prejudice than a help.... The only help a youth wants is to be directed what books to read, and in what order to read them.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
“What I am now warning the People of is, That the News-Papers of this Island are as pernicious to weak Heads in England as ever Books of Chivalry to Spain; and therefore shall do all that in me lies, with the utmost Care and Vigilance imaginable, to prevent these growing Evils.”
—Richard Steele (16721729)