- På Jakt efter Paradiset (Hunt for Paradise), 1938
- The Kon-Tiki Expedition: By Raft Across the South Seas (Kon-Tiki ekspedisjonen, also known as Kon-Tiki: Across the Pacific in a Raft), 1948
- American Indians in the Pacific: The Theory Behind the Kon-Tiki Expedition (Chicago: Rand McNally, 1952), 821 pages.
- Aku-Aku: The Secret of Easter Island ISBN 0-14-001454-3
- Sea Routes to Polynesia (Chicago: Rand McNally, 1968), 232 pages.
- The Ra Expeditions ISBN 0-14-003462-5
- Fatu-Hiva: Back to Nature (1974)
- Early Man and the Ocean: The Beginning of Navigation and Seaborn Civilizations
- The Tigris Expedition: In Search of Our Beginnings
- The Maldive Mystery
- Green Was the Earth on the Seventh Day: Memories and Journeys of a Lifetime
- Pyramids of Tucume: The Quest for Peru's Forgotten City
- In the Footsteps of Adam: A Memoir (the official edition is Abacus, 2001, translated by Ingrid Christophersen) ISBN 0-349-11273-8
- Ingen grenser (Theories about Odin, Norwegian only), 1999
- Jakten på Odin (Theories about Odin, Norwegian only), 2001
Read more about this topic: Thor Heyerdahl
Other articles related to "books, book":
... Back in England, Gosse wrote books in his field and out ... Gosse penned a succession of books and articles on natural history, some of which were (in his own words) "pot-boilers" for religious publications ... he was a skilled scientific draughtsman who was able to illustrate his books himself." Suffering from headaches, perhaps the result of overwork, Gosse and his family began to spend more time away ...
... the years New Scientist has published several series of books derived from its content ... Most recently it has compiled seven books of selected questions and answers from the Last Word section of the magazine and the Last Word website ... Freeze? is largely a repackaging of selected material from the first two books, following the unexpected mass-market success of Does Anything Eat Wasps? ...
... June 7, 1949) is a Flemish comedian, singer, guitarist, author of comic books and actor ... In 1984, Urbanus and Willy Linthout began writing comic books with an adolescent version of Urbanus himself as the main character ... As of 2007, more than 121 such comic books have been published ...
... and 21st century artists who have created book covers or interior illustrations for books, or who have published their own books or comic books of ... Artists known exclusively for their work in comic books are not included ...
... The book series does not chronicle any one particular timeframe ... Some of the books focus on characters who, in other volumes, are historical figures (e.g ... Typically, those books are set before the founding of Redwall Abbey ...
Famous quotes containing the word books:
“Human contacts have been so highly valued in the past only because reading was not a common accomplishment.... The world, you must remember, is only just becoming literate. As reading becomes more and more habitual and widespread, an ever-increasing number of people will discover that books will give them all the pleasures of social life and none of its intolerable tedium.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)
“One of the most attractive of those ancient books that I have met with is The Laws of Menu.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“PLAYING SHOULD BE FUN! In our great eagerness to teach our children we studiously look for educational toys, games with built-in lessons, books with a message. Often these tools are less interesting and stimulating than the childs natural curiosity and playfulness. Play is by its very nature educational. And it should be pleasurable. When the fun goes out of play, most often so does the learning.”
—Joanne E. Oppenheim (20th century)