Thin may refer to:
- People with lean narrow physiques, see emaciation and underweight
- Thin client, computer in client-server architecture networks
- Thin film, material layer of about 1 µm thickness
- Thin-film deposition, any technique for depositing a thin film of material onto a substrate or onto previously deposited layers
- Thin film memory, high-speed variation of core memory developed by Sperry Rand in a government-funded research project
- Thin-film optics, the branch of optics that deals with very thin structured layers of different materials
- Thin layer chromatography (TLC), a chromatography technique used in chemistry to separate chemical compounds
- Thin layers (oceanography), congregations of phytoplankton and zooplankton in the water column
- Thin lens, lens with a thickness that is negligible compared to the focal length of the lens in optics
- Thin Lizzy, Irish rock band who formed in Dublin in 1969
- The Thin Man, 1933 mystery novel by Dashiell Hammett
- The Thin Man (film), the first of six comic detective films starring William Powell and Myrna Loy
- Thin (film), an HBO television documentary about eating disorders by Lauren Greenfield
- Thin (web server), a Ruby web-server based on Mongrel
Read more about Thin: See Also
Other articles related to "thin":
... Thin-slicing is a term used in psychology and philosophy to describe the ability to find patterns in events based only on "thin slices," or narrow windows, of experience ...
... Liam Ireland is the thinnest man according to the Guinness Book of World Records ... The Thin Blue Line (disambiguation) Thin-walled ...
... are primarily used for cutting through thin or soft bones and sinew ... for example, it can be used to chop through the bird's thin bones or to separate ribs ... in preparation of hard vegetables and other foods, such as squash, where a thin slicing blade runs the risk of shattering ...
... and the little gas that is still present easily escapes through the thin shell ... Property Name Shell Mold Casting Sand Casting Shapes Thin-walled Complex, Solid Cylindrical, Solid Cubic, Solid Complex (Flat, Thin-walled Cylindrical, Thin-walled Cubic) Thin-walled Complex, Solid ...
... ENN Solar Group is the Chinese amorphous silicon thin-film cell maker ... began its mass production of the 1.1 × 1.4-metre amorphous silicon thin-film solar panel from its plant in Henan, China, marking a milestone on a journey that began about two years ago ... A triple-junction thin-film silicon cell structure that is claimed to have produced conversion efficiencies of 14.8% is also in development phase at Mitsubishi Electric ...
Famous quotes containing the word thin:
“It is dangerous for a woman to defy the gods;
To taunt them with the tongues thin tip,
Or strut in the weakness of mere humanity,
Or draw a line daring them to cross;”
—Anne Spencer (18821975)
“I guess what Ive really discovered is the humanizing effect of children in my lifestretching me, humbling me. Maybe my thighs arent as thin as they used to be. Maybe my getaways arent as glamorous. Still I like the woman that motherhood has helped me to become.”
—Susan Lapinski (20th century)
“Much of a mans character will be found betokened in his backbone. I would rather feel your spine than your skull, whoever you are. A thin joist of a spine never yet upheld a full and noble soul.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)