- Martti Ahtisaari, former President of Finland, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- Kofi Annan (Chair), former Secretary-General of the United Nations, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- Ela Bhatt, founder of the Self-Employed Women's Association of India
- Lakhdar Brahimi, former Foreign Minister of Algeria and United Nations envoy
- Gro Harlem Brundtland (Deputy Chair), former Prime Minister of Norway and former Director-General of the World Health Organization
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso, former President of Brazil
- Jimmy Carter, former President of the United States, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- Graça Machel, former Education Minister of Mozambique, President of the Foundation for Community Development and wife of Nelson Mandela
- Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland and former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
Other articles related to "the elders, elders, elder":
... The Elders First appearance "Witches in Tights" Last appearance "The Jung and the Restless" Created by Constance M ... Burge Statistics Name The Elders, The Founders, Senior Whitelighters Purpose Preserving "the greater good", commanding Whitelighters and cupids, protecting witches and overseeing magic ... demons) Membership Current Known Elders Odin, Sandra, Kevin, Roland, Kheel, Jonas, Aramis, Alastair Former Elders Leo Wyatt Deceased Elders Cecil, Ramus, Gideon, Zola The Elders are ...
... as she has been advising Richard Branson, Desmond Tutu and Peter Gabriel on the creation of The Elders, "an independent group of eminent global leaders, brought together by ...
... Ministers are officially 'teaching elders' alongside the 'ruling elders' of the Kirk Session and have equivalent status, regardless of any other office ... of Scotland, as the Established church in Scotland, this gives ruling elders in congregations the same status as Queen's chaplains, professors of theology ... All elders (teaching and ruling) in meetings of Session, Presbytery, or Assembly are subject to the Moderator, who may or may not be a minister but is always an elder ...
... The Letter of the Karaite elders of Ascalon (c. 1100) was a communication written by six elders of the Karaite Jewish community of Ascalon and sent to their coreligionists in Alexandria nine months after the fall of Jerusalem ... The contents describe how the Ascalon elders pooled money together to pay the initial ransom for pockets of Jews and holy relics being held captive in Jerusalem by the ...
... Although a wise and powerful Elder himself, Sagacious Tome appears to have something of an inferiority complex and is somewhat paranoid believing that all the ... forces with Serpine and tricks the other Elders enabling Serpine to destroy them in order to get the Great Book of Names ...
Famous quotes containing the word elders:
“He who does not listen to the words of his elders will surely suffer soon.”
“Like children, the elders are a burden. But unlike children, they offer no hope or promise. They are a weight and an encumbrance and a mirror of our own mortality. It takes a person of great heart to see past this fact and to see the wisdom the elders have to offer, and so serve them out of gratitude for the life they have passed on to us.”
—Kent Nerburn (20th century)