Results and Statistics
The detailed nature of the record-keeping over the event's history has many record statistics being carefully monitored. A selection of the more frequently cited statistics includes:
- Number of wins: Cambridge, 81; Oxford, 76 (1 dead heat)
- Most consecutive victories: Cambridge, 13 (1924–36)
- Course record: Cambridge, 1998 – 16 min 19 sec; average speed 24.9 kilometres per hour (15.5 mph)
- Heaviest rower: Thorsten Engelmann, Cambridge 2007, 17 st 6 lb 4 oz (110.8 kg; 244 lb)
- Lightest rower: Alfred Higgins, Oxford 1882, 9 st 6.5 lb (60.1 kg; 132.5 lb)
- Heaviest crew: Oxford 2009, 15 st 9 lb 13 oz (99.7 kg) average
- Tallest rower: Josh West, Cambridge 1999–2002, 6 ft 9.5 in (2.07 m)
- Tallest crew: Cambridge 1999, 6 ft 6.3 in (1.98 m) average
- Oldest rower: Mike Wherley, Oxford 2008, 36 yrs 14 days
- Oldest cox: Andy Probert, Cambridge 1992, 38 yrs 86 days
- Reserve wins: Cambridge (Goldie), 29; Oxford (Isis), 17
Read more about this topic: The Boat Race
Other articles related to "result, results and statistics, statistics, results and, results":
... The election result was disappointing for the Coalition ... Liberal leader Dr Bruce Flegg was seen as being responsible for the result ...
... Snow/Ice Bronze Mixed Surface Round Rally name Podium finishers Statistics Rank Driver Car Time Stages Length Starters Finishers 1 58th Rally Sweden (February 11–14 ... ADAC Rallye Deutschland (August 20–22) — Results and report 1 Sébastien Loeb Citroën C4 WRC 35938.3 19 407.25 km 2 ... Dani Sordo Citroën C4 WRC 40029.6 ...
... Preliminary results of genetic analysis carried out on the remains of a boy and a young woman believed to belong to Nicholas II's son and heir Alexei, and ... Once the genetic analysis has been completed in Russia, its results will be compared with test results from foreign experts." Nevolin said the final ...
... Some research groups initially reported that they had replicated the Fleischmann and Pons results but later retracted their reports and offered an alternative explanation for their original positive ... These retractions, combined with negative results from some famous laboratories, led most scientists to conclude, as early as 1989, that no positive result should be attributed to cold fusion ...
... Quebec municipal elections, 2005, results in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Quebec municipal elections, 2005, results in Bas-Saint-Laurent Quebec municipal elections, 2005, results in ...
Famous quotes containing the words statistics and/or results:
“Maybe a nation that consumes as much booze and dope as we do and has our kind of divorce statistics should pipe down about character issues. Either that or just go ahead and determine the presidency with three-legged races and pie-eating contests. It would make better TV.”
—P.J. (Patrick Jake)
“Pain itself can be pleasurable accidentally in so far as it is accompanied by wonder, as in stage-plays; or in so far as it recalls a beloved object to ones memory, and makes one feel ones love for the thing, whose absence gives us pain. Consequently, since love is pleasant, both pain and whatever else results from love, in so far as they remind us of our love, are pleasant.”
—Thomas Aquinas (c. 12251274)